SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:19 PM
SageTVaholic

How can I use my new MCE remote control which came with my Vista PC for SageTV?

I just bought a new HP Pavilion which came with a very nice MCE remote control. In fact, its the nicest remote control I've seen. Is there a way to get this remote control to work with SageTV? Does MS vista have a standard remote control configuration utility which controls 3rd party apps?

I'm hoping to use the IR receiver that the system comes with since my USB-UIRT was always very slow for me on my old PC. Worst comes to worst, I have to install girder and use my old USB-UIRT for this remote.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-23-2007, 05:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you select MCE remote in SageTV?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Doh! I didn't know that was an option. Since I haven't install the new version of SageTV with a clean properties file. So, all I need to do is install the drivers for the MCE remote+ it's respective IR receiver and select MCE remote in SageTV? I'm curious how many of the buttons will actually work...

EDIT: Also, can I have the remote control buttons do custom commands as well? (Ie run a dos batch file).
Thanks for the info..

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-23-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't think you can reassign buttons. But you can link menus to batch files with dynamic menus.

You may want to check out hip or girder. If you look at thegreenbutton forums, I think I saw a replacement driver for Vista. Also, StephaneM on these forums has a key remapper for the MCE remote. I don't know if it works in Vista though.

The drivers will be installed in Vista by default for Prem and Ult.

B