SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

Ugh. Sage just started stuttering on HD for no reason.

This is just wacky, and i'm so tired i admit i'm cranky, and this is just a vent post.

Last night HD OTA streaming began stuttering on my SageClient. I made no changes to the server, I made no changes to the client. It just randomly started stuttering. Checking the CPU, memory, & network utilization of both machines show they're all fine. I tried various different audio decoders, no love. Last time this happened, it was because I had an uninstalled MS-Windows update; after doing that, it all worked fine. Not a factor this time.

The pita thing is that i had to drive 110 miles 1way to do a presentation today, so I couldn't spend too much time debugging it. I have to do a daytrip to LA on thursday, and Saturday is allocated towards house contruction type projects, so time is precious.

I just got back from my daytrip, I'm totally beat and want to veg, but I can't watch HD cuz it won't render correctly.

This hobby just pisses me off at times, and if DirecTV HD-DVRs were able to communicate with each other so I could watch any station on any DVR, and only setup a schedule once, I'd pay the premium in a heartbeat.

But alas, the HD-DVR gods are shortsighted, so I suppose SD something or other is what i'll suck up.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

How damn irritating is this - I downloaded & installed the latest MS-Windows updates, and now it works fine.

My god do I hate MS (most) of the time.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
This hobby just pisses me off at times...

"I feel your pain."