SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Sage User

USB-UIRT trouble - can't use for remote and blaster at the same time - please help

I am using vista 32, sage 6.3, and a usb-uirt. I want one of my capture cards to use the usb-uirt blaster to control the set top box. At the same time, I want the usb-uirt to allow a remote to control the sage interface. However, when I try to connect configure the blaster portion after already configuring the remote feature, it says that the usb-uirt is already in use. I get the same error when trying to configure the remote for use with the usb-uirt after setting the capture card to use it.

This should be a normal function shouldn't it? I've been pouring through different posts but I haven't found anything to help. It is driving me crazy!

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by jermny; 01-19-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Administrator

If using service mode, I've heard that the service should log in as the same user that is logged in & running the UI. This was for XP, but maybe it would work the same for Vista.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Sage User

tried that. didn't fix. Thanks anyway
Old 01-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Sage User

Okay... I figured this one out. Apparently, the SageTV service reserves the USB-UIRT for a particular function. So when I try to use the device to control a STB and use it to receive remote control inputs to interact with SageTV then it throws a fit. The way I fixed this was to simply stop using the Sage service. I know thats a crappy solution and if anybody has any other work arounds I would love to hear them. When just using the SageTV application without the service as well it has no problems with using the USB-UIRT for multiple functions.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermny View Post
I know thats a crappy solution and if anybody has any other work arounds I would love to hear them.
If you want to use the SageTV service and use the USB-UIRT both as a receiver and a blaster, you can use my software (see signature); it does have a SageTV plugin for changing channels. The USB-UIRT will be handled by my software for both receiving and sending.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Sage User

The application recognizes my remote when it does the initial setup and makes me put in the codes for up,down,left,right etc next to the picture of the remote control but when I try to create my own remote with me creating the new buttons, it says usb-uirt not available.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermny View Post
when I try to create my own remote with me creating the new buttons, it says usb-uirt not available.
Ok, I see what is the problem: I'm in fact suffering the same issue as SageTV: USB-UIRT cannot be accessed from two process running with different account.

Edit: I fixed this issue in version 3.4 that you can download.

Regards,
Stéphane.

Last edited by StephaneM; 01-21-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

StephaneM

I have started using your program and have a question.

When setting up and editing a profile for the hauppauge remote to control Sage via USB-UIRT I am confused...
What is supposed to be in the Target application boxes for class, title and executable name.

Are these windows commands or Sage TV commands?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwifty View Post
What is supposed to be in the Target application boxes for class, title and executable name.
Those fields are needed for LM RKM to find the target application. You need at least one of them and can press the "Record" button on your remote to copy these fields automatically when the target application is in focus.

Basically, when you create a remote profile for SageTV, you create a special remote configuration that will be only active when SageTV is currently running and in focus. So LM RKM needs to know what is SageTV exactly. When you press a button on your remote LM RKM will retreive the current focused window and will get its name, class and executable name and will try to match them to those in your profiles.

Regards,
Stéphane.