SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageTV - updated to 6.3 = broken GUI - all black

Hi folks.

I'm considering buying the mac client license (i hear i will have to even tho i have a pc client license already) and just installed the trial, connecting to my old sage setup (not updated as it just worked!) and it didn't show any programmes or recordings.

I updated the server to the latest version and since doing so the GUI is all broken.. the screen is mostly black, and some GUI elements only show up when the hilight is moved up or down. It's pretty much unusable.

I've downloaded the latest java (jre-6u3....) which hasn't helped. Any ideas? I'm in windows XP home, onboard crappy graphics card.

cheers

Jim
Old 01-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

the mac sagetv client works fine with the current setup, then again the mac client doesn't seem to be animating etc like the windows one. Its this animation that looks a little better and then when its finished most of the display is black.

I've installed sage not as a service as i've still been auto running sage via my batch file and as a program, for a long time now. I will happily try it as a service if we think this could help. How best can i switch that around, just install it again?

Cheers
Old 01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

Have you tried turning off the animation?
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

no i haven't. The settings menu is pretty much unreadable. What settings are relevant to the GUI in the config files and i'll gladly give it a go.

Cheers
Old 01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

I found that it can be done by moving the cursor over various lines untill you find the proper line.

Setup->Detailed Setup->Customize
very close to the bottom is Animation options, you should disable all 5 options.

I believe there may be a way to do this in the configuration file but I am not sure.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

the trouble is in my case that the gui elements are variably offset and cropped. Ie. certain pages are worse than others and will have no GUI elements aside from a few lines at the very bottom of the screen, unfortunately the setup pages are all like this so you can see NOTHING!

The front page has most of the screen populated but then the GUI elements go off the bottom of the window so you can't see them either.

I had a quick peek in the config files but didn't spot anything, was hoping someone more familiar with those logs would have an idea.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Sage Icon

Did you search for animation in the config file?
I would set the following to false
ui/animation/core_enabled=true
ui/animations/dialog_animations_enabled=true
ui/animation/smooth_scrolling_tables=true
ui/animations/enable=true
ui/animations/menu_transitions_enabled=true
ui/animations/osd_transitions_enabled=true
Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks a load

ui/animation/core_enabled=false

fixed it. A lot of the other options weren't there till i'd booted and then selected animations in the program itself.. this causes the same problem.

Any ideas what's causing this, the integrated gfx of my machine not good enough? I'd like it to look more swishy but to be honest i can lose it, if there's no choice beyond upgrading my PC

Cheers
Old 02-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobuk View Post
I've downloaded the latest java (jre-6u3....) which hasn't helped. Any ideas? I'm in windows XP home, onboard crappy graphics card.
Quote:
Any ideas what's causing this, the integrated gfx of my machine not good enough? I'd like it to look more swishy but to be honest i can lose it, if there's no choice beyond upgrading my PC
To follow up: when you updated Java, are you sure that was the version SageTV was using? The Java version should be reported near the top of the System Information screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

the java version currently displayed is

1.6.0_03

the version numbers are a bit confusing is that the right one?

Its fine with the options all turned off.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
the java version currently displayed is

1.6.0_03
Would you file a bug report, then, for possible follow-up? Thanks.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

done.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had the same problem with the UI animation when upgrading client running on a Dell C600 laptop, from V6.1.9 to V 6.3.9. The UI was unusable and hit and miss.

The suggestion to delete the old .property files in the \Programme Files\sagetv directory fixed it. I did an uninstall of Sage TV deleted the remaining contents of the sagetv directory and then installed 6.3.9. (my Java is 1.6.0_03 as well)

This also fixed the problem of not getting the channels from my DVB-S card which has been installed on the server since the original client V6.1.9 install on the laptop.

All is fine now thanks.

Last edited by Doubletop; 02-16-2008 at 07:17 PM.