SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Sage Expert

Music Library - Album Artist

I must be missing something with this. From what I've picked from other threads, if I tag my MP3s with an 'Album Artist' Sage should recognise this and handle the compilation type albums properly. This is particularly relevant for house/dance compilations where you want to retain the Artist/Track info but have the album listed with the DJ as the Album Artist.

At the moment, for a 20 track album with the artist for each track assigned and the DJ as album artist, I end up with 20 instances of the album showing, one per artist.

This is the same in the default STV and SageMC. Help!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Were the music imports refreshed? What version of SageTV are you using? The recent versions should grab the new data when the libs are rescanned, but you could try removing them, rescanning, then add them back.

What program did you use to tag the Album Artist? If you use WMP, right click on a song, choose Advanced Tag Editor, then go to the Artist Info tab, does it list the Album Artist there?

In the default STV's music browser's Artists view, use Options to see which people are included as Artists... but that wouldn't affect the Albums view.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage Expert

Using 6.3.8RC.

I removed and re-added the import directories to force a re-scan but this didn't make any difference. I've been tagging with MP3Tag and have tried adding 'AlbumArtist' and 'Album Artist', neither of which made any difference.

I'll try tag an album using WMP to see if it makes any difference and let you know the result.

One other odd thing I've noticed is that a number of MKV video files are appearing in the music section. This is despite the import folders being configured such that there are no videos in the music folders, no music in the video folders and the import folders options being set that way. Any thoughts on that one?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
Using 6.3.8RC.

I removed and re-added the import directories to force a re-scan but this didn't make any difference. I've been tagging with MP3Tag and have tried adding 'AlbumArtist' and 'Album Artist', neither of which made any difference.
With MP3Tag you need to use the tag 'BAND' for Album Artist.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
One other odd thing I've noticed is that a number of MKV video files are appearing in the music section. This is despite the import folders being configured such that there are no videos in the music folders, no music in the video folders and the import folders options being set that way. Any thoughts on that one?
I don't have any ideas about it other than to submit a bug report & save a copy of a file to submit when/if asked.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
One other odd thing I've noticed is that a number of MKV video files are appearing in the music section.
see this http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30137
Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks chaps, using WMP or Band in MP3Tag does the job. Now spending half an hour each evening tagging to try get them all straight.

Will try the remove all imports and rescanning as per that thread and upload a sample file if it fails to clear up the problem.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Sage Expert

Removing both music and video folders, leaving it a while and then adding them back sorted out the problem with mkv files appearing in music.