SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Sage User

Garbled Text

Anybody else having this problem on their placeshifter? This happened after upgrading to 6.3.10.166.

I'm baffled. It's still usable...just not readable!

The photo is from my placeshifter. The screen capture, of course, is from the server.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01753.JPG (145.8 KB, 241 views)
File Type: gif Server.GIF (57.0 KB, 230 views)
Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

That looks like a font or locale issue. You might check the language and locale settings on that station. Another thing I would check is make sure you have an updated Java.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Administrator

What version did you upgrade from? Any customizations installed?

What OS is this on & how did you do the installation?

Are you video card drivers up to date? DirectX? You could try enabling or disabling 3D Acceleration for SageTV by changing this property to true or false:
ui/accelerated_rendering=true

You could try disabling the core animation system by setting this property:
ui/animation/core_enabled=false

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a very similar issue on my server. Sometimes I get a mixture of letters and random symbols. and sometimes the background image goes completely white too.
The odd thing is, the thing that seems to cause it on my system is turning the TV off and on again (Connected via hdmi).
All other pc applications seem unaffected.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Sage User

I'm running Windows XP Pro with all current updates installed. The only customization I use is comskip - and that's just with Showanalyzer.

Video card drivers are up to date...though I should note again that this occurs on all MediaMVPs on the network, not just the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
What version did you upgrade from? Any customizations installed?

What OS is this on & how did you do the installation?

Are you video card drivers up to date? DirectX? You could try enabling or disabling 3D Acceleration for SageTV by changing this property to true or false:
ui/accelerated_rendering=true

You could try disabling the core animation system by setting this property:
ui/animation/core_enabled=false

- Andy
Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Sage User

I just updated the server to the latest version of Sun's Java.

It's odd. I install every new production release of SageTV Media Center - and that's all this machine does. This is perplexing, but I won't ask questions. This is one minor hiccup in a system that I have been using with little problems for almost 2 and a half years.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUAviator View Post
I'm running Windows XP Pro with all current updates installed. The only customization I use is comskip - and that's just with Showanalyzer.

Video card drivers are up to date...though I should note again that this occurs on all MediaMVPs on the network, not just the server.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:36 AM
SageTVaholic

You may want to double check and make sure that no previous versions of java remained installed after amy updates. Java doesn't uninstall the previous version on its own.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Same kind of problem on my server which is my main viewing machine. Pretty sure everything is up to date. it doesn't look like the example earlier. Garbled text and symbols in white, various sizes. I stop the sagetv application (keeping the service active) and then start it again, to correct the problem.

I haven't updated nvidia purevideo. Not even sure if I'm entitled to changes. Can I just download the one at nvidia and re-install. Quite annoying problem.

Andrew