SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Sage User

End Of Films Missing

Hi,

The last few films i have recorded seem to be missing the last 5 - 10 mins or so, i have been setting them to record via the web interface as i am a whs user so this is easiest. Anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? I have double checked all times and they seem to be correct so this is not an issue.

I had the same problem with some (only odd ones an issue) of my favourites but i have set those to start 5 mins / after the start time to prevent missing anything, is there an option to do this for normal recordings?
Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 AM
Sage Expert

Some channels start/stop programs off-hour, just to make it a pain for DVRs. Alternatively, if a movie does not fit directly into a 1/2 hour block, it could run over, and not be recorded.

Other things, like sports programming, can run long and have the end of the recording cut off.
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 03-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfoxxx View Post
The last few films i have recorded seem to be missing the last 5 - 10 mins or so, i have been setting them to record via the web interface as i am a whs user so this is easiest. Anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? I have double checked all times and they seem to be correct so this is not an issue.
Do you mean the recording ended early for some reason, or that it completed its scheduled recording time, but the end of the movie was missing?

Quote:
I had the same problem with some (only odd ones an issue) of my favourites but i have set those to start 5 mins / after the start time to prevent missing anything, is there an option to do this for normal recordings?
Manual Recordings can have start/end padding too & this can be set from any UI.

Also, the hidden features have default padding options (and other settings) for new Favs and Manual Recordings, so you can have padding added automatically if the UI used to set up the recordings is using those hidden features.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.