SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Sage Icon

use the quote bbcode

All bbcodes start [command] and end [/command] you want the quote command. That one also allows you to specifiy the person you are quoting by adding ="the user's name" when issuing the command.

Some forums will pass the quotes into replies, can't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6

Do I have to wait exactly 5 minutes?
(Yes you can do stuff like that too. )

No for most the time is more like 30 seconds but old PCs PCs with viruses all extend the time.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
use the quote bbcode

All bbcodes start [command] and end [/command] you want the quote command. That one also allows you to specifiy the person you are quoting by adding ="the user's name" when issuing the command.

Some forums will pass the quotes into replies, can't

No for most the time is more like 30 seconds but old PCs PCs with viruses all extend the time.
Thanks. I'll try this reply as a test. Where did that quote come from in your last post that is quoted as being mine ?? I never said that !!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hopefully that fixed you significantly.
try not to remove power to the MVP, just use the On/Off button on the remote.
I never remove power to the MVP intentionally, only mother nature does that. And, sometimes the thing is just on ! I think my wife's huge (unloseable) remote control accidentally turns it on,with the HTPC off. The boot process fails, and the whole "Dance" begins again.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Never mind- I get it. Just a LITTLE SLOW !
Thanks again

Last edited by Ronno6; 04-04-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: correct text
Old 04-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevine View Post
What exactly does this do for you? I tried looking at the website but a lot (including documentation) is in German. Thanks.
That's part of the "not for the faint of heart".

Wikipedia has a brief description, with a list of many of the extra features that DD-WRT can offer. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DD-WRT]

I installed it, basically, to see if I could. I do like it, but I probably only use 20% of the features. You can set just about any attribute in your router with this firmware.

Matt

PS: This is the installation instruction page: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

Last edited by matt91; 04-04-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, the dance music has stopped completely. The MVP just will not connect. Running Sage in service mode doesn't work. Connecting the MVP DIRECTLY into the HTPC LAN port does not work. I'm beginning to think that my MVP itself is bad. Pretty frustrating to say the least.

I'm not going to say that i haven't changed anything. I relocated the HT equipment and rewired, including the HTPC (SageTV server) and ran new cable to the router. The HTPC connects perfectly to the internet via the network, so I believe there to be no problem there. All ports are the same as before.

Starting the MVP via power strip provides varying results. Sometimes the screen is almost unreadable. Sometimes the first 3 blue bars light, then nothing else. Sometimes the first 3 blue bars light, then the 4th, then nothing else. If things progress past that point to the search for the streaming server, then MVP doesn't find one. Nada. Never.

Should I try a different MVP? What is the warranty on these units?
Old 05-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

I live in Florida too. The best way to I have found to combat our lightning induced power outages is with a battery backup power supplies. It is worth the money to invest in these just to save the lost connection headache and as an added side benefit it might save your electronic equipment from getting fried from the power spikes that sometimes accompany those lightning hits.I have all the computers in the house along with my primary tv setup plugged into those units and life is good.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Sage Icon

I also get occasional short power outages in Minnesota. These are annoying, requiring resetting the MVPs and some other things around the house. Circuit City has an APC BE550R on sale this week for about $40. This is a surge protector and small UPS. I plan to put the first APC BE550R on my old large screen TV that looses its programming every time there is a short power outage.

Here's a link to the APC BE550R that is on sale this week:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/APC-U...oductDetail.do