SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

4DTV ? Big Dish Tuning

I'm in the evaluation process of SageTV. Could someone direct me to what I will need to do in order to have SageTV tune my 4DTV receiver. I am currently using BTV with XMLTV data, and Girder scripts. I noticed that the program guide has 4DTV show data so I see this as an opportunity to remove one level of customization. If I still need to use Girder that is doable.

I just need to be pointed in the right direction to see what I need to do.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
I'm in the evaluation process of SageTV. Could someone direct me to what I will need to do in order to have SageTV tune my 4DTV receiver.
I just need to be pointed in the right direction to see what I need to do.

Thanks
The guy that was selling the SageTV tune my 4DTV receiver "Tune-it -all" software has been out of business for 3 years now.

But as a fellow C-band/4DTV user user "not many of us left" PM me, and I will hook you up with our very small Sagetv/4DTV community.

You will be up a recording with your 4DTV/Sagetv in no time

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 04-08-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

4DTV Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66 View Post
Yes you can do that. While I can't help you with the specifics because I use the USB-UIRT to control by GI C band 4DTV receiver, with the proper gml file you can do everything you want to do.

Mine is setup to control SageTV and also the 4DTV receiver, probably more complex than your setup is. So it'll do it. You will need Girder in order to do this however, or a simple means would be to program it via the Sage Interface where you select it. I'd try that first as girder is not free and you already have the other.
Cummings66, Do you still use Girder with SageTV and an external device. I'm trying to make the jump from BTV but I haven't been able to get SageTV to send Events to Girder. Any help will be appreciated.

* merged *
Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
Cummings66, Do you still use Girder with SageTV and an external device. I'm trying to make the jump from BTV but I haven't been able to get SageTV to send Events to Girder. Any help will be appreciated.
You just resurrected a thread from two years ago

If you need a girder file I can share

My girder file deals with both BTV, Beyond Media, SageTV and Netflix Watch Now depending on which one is focused. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm actually interested in getting SageTV to send events to Girder. So far I haven't been successful in getting EXETunerPlugin.dll to work for me in SageTV 6.3. Do you have any files that can help me out there? Or even instructions that will help?

Thanks
Old 04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does EXETunerPlugin.DLL still work with SageTV

I've been trying to get SageTV to send events/channel change info to Girder using EXETunerPlugin.dll. So far I haven't had any luck. Must references to this plugin on this forum look like they go back about 9 months. I haven't seen any with the newer version of STV. Can anyone tell me if EXETunerPlugin still works with SageTV 6.3?

I'm the first to admit I probably just have a personal problem. If there is something newer I should try to work with Girder I'm willing to do that as well. Perhaps something with internet network event server with Girder.

Thanks in advance.

* merged *
Old 04-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use it to change channels on three of my Comcast Cable STBs. Works great, but I do remember that it took me like a week to get it working.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

The ExeTuner plugin should still work fine. If you want to try the ExeMultiTuner plugin instead, you can check out the guide I wrote in the downloads area. It is geared towards changing channels via firewire, but the basic procedures as they apply to the ExeMultiTuner plugin itself should give you the info you need.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I use it to change channels on three of my Comcast Cable STBs. Works great, but I do remember that it took me like a week to get it working.
Any possibility that you can remember what you had to do to get it to work? Maybe something different with the registry entry or some little thing with how it is installed?

Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

It works

I solved my problem so I can say that yes it works with STV 6.3.

The problem was the program guide data. I was trying to tune my 4DTV receiver. The 4DTV Big Dish tuner uses the Satellite & Channel number to identify each show. Satellites are identified with two digits with at least one of them being an Alpha Character (ie satellites C3, G5, X4, GB ....). So a station like the SciFi channel would be on X4642. When the program would try to send that it would throw and exception on the Alpha character. Once it would have an error it would stop trying completely.

Solution: I just had to remap the channel to an all numeric channel like "2642" The two represents the satellite and the 642 the channel number. I then use girder scripts to sort out the info and send all the codes it takes to tune to the correct satellite and channel.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help. I hope this helps anyone else that tries to do something similar.