SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Sage Expert

Force imported video to appear as a DVD in media center?

I recently copied one of my DVDs to my hard drive usings Brent's great guide. The end result is that I have a .mpg file with the main movie of my DVD in a VIDEO_TS folder (to trick SageTV to have it show up as a DVD in the Media Center area).

When I go to the Media Center to play the file, I get the following error: "There was a problem accessing the filesystem for playback." Note that if I import the same .mpg file but don't place it in the VIDEO_TS folder it plays back just fine.

1. What can I do to get .mpg files located in VIDEO_TS folders to playback?
2. If #1 isn't possible, is there an alternate way of having imported video files appear in the Media Center as a DVD?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I recently copied one of my DVDs to my hard drive usings Brent's great guide. The end result is that I have a .mpg file with the main movie of my DVD in a VIDEO_TS folder (to trick SageTV to have it show up as a DVD in the Media Center area).

When I go to the Media Center to play the file, I get the following error: "There was a problem accessing the filesystem for playback." Note that if I import the same .mpg file but don't place it in the VIDEO_TS folder it plays back just fine.

1. What can I do to get .mpg files located in VIDEO_TS folders to playback?
I think the problem might be with the script in my guide. It had a line that created the video_ts folder that shouldn't be there. I used that line for another script and forgot to remove it.

To see if this is the problem, go to the folder where your movie ended up. There should be a mpg file there. I think it will be located in the video_ts folder in error. Instead, move it from the video_ts folder to the root movie folder.
Example:
Currently you will see this for a movie named star wars:
Quote:
C:\Movies\Star Wars\Video_ts\Star Wars.mpg
Change it to look like this:
Quote:
C:\Movies\Star Wars\Star Wars.mpg
If thats the problem I'll upload a corrected script and let you know when it's up. Should be sometime early this evening.

Quote:
2. If #1 isn't possible, is there an alternate way of having imported video files appear in the Media Center as a DVD?
Are you using SageTV's Standard STV or SageMC?
If SageMC then it will show up with all of the movies and videos together.
If SageTV's standard STV, then you're stuck with it showing up in videos. I have another script coming that will give you what you are looking for - should be posted later this week or weekend.

Last edited by Brent; 04-09-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If thats the problem I'll upload a corrected script and let you know when it's up. Should be sometime early this evening.
No worries... I already made several tweaks to your script and can easily modify it to move the .mpg up a level and then delete the empty VIDEO_TS folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Are you using SageTV's Standard STV or SageMC?
If SageMC then it will show up with all of the movies and videos together.
If SageTV's standard STV, then you're stuck with it showing up in videos. I have another script coming that will give you what you are looking for - should be posted later this week or weekend.
I'm using the Standard STV... I'll try this out in SageMC to see what happens... I just wanted some easy way regardless to indicate that this is a DVD movie and not just a regular movie.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)