SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Sage User

Padding problem

Hi

using 6.3.10 with sageMC.

My problem is that I cannot seem to persuade Sage to pad my recordings leading to recordings starting 1-2 mins too late most of the time. I would like to make it pad 2 minutes before and 2 minutes after.

I HAVE found the setting in sageMC, but it didnt seem to have any effect - anyone know what to do?

/zut
Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Sage User

I know this is an old post but I'm having the exact same problem. I'm running SageTV 6.4.8 and SageMC 6.3.8. I have been unable to make it honor the padding settings for my favorites. When I switch back to the default STV it works properly. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

File it as a bug with Mike if it's not working in SageMC. I don't use paddings in Favorites so I couldn't tell you if it's working.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakep_82 View Post
I know this is an old post but I'm having the exact same problem. I'm running SageTV 6.4.8 and SageMC 6.3.8. I have been unable to make it honor the padding settings for my favorites. When I switch back to the default STV it works properly. Anyone know how to fix this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
File it as a bug with Mike if it's not working in SageMC. I don't use paddings in Favorites so I couldn't tell you if it's working.

Gerry
I use padding all the time on both manual and favorite recordings and I know many others do as well.

Please describe your problem in detail and give a complete description of how to reproduce it. The only other thing I can suggest right now is to enable debug logging (see the tips and tricks sticky for a link to instructions).

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Padding will be in the recordings if a Favorite or Manual Recording calls for it because the core handles the recording, not the STV. IR shows will not have padding.

Does SageMC show the padding in the timeline during playback? It didn't used to & I don't know whether that changed, so that might be what is happening here.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Does SageMC show the padding in the timeline during playback? It didn't used to & I don't know whether that changed, so that might be what is happening here.
Yes, SageMC does show the padding now.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Yes, SageMC does show the padding now.
I knew I should have gone with my first instinct and stayed out of this one... but, at least I know the answer to that one now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Sage User

I'll enable debug logging and see what happens.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm having this problem too.

I modified a favorites (actually a series in sagemc) for Heroes to record a few extra minutes.. Last night we watched Heroes and found that it didn't record anything extra and we missed a few minutes at the end. I checked the favorites and it is set to pad the end 5 minutes after.

I have also had occasional problems with particular series not recording. I feel its somehow related to the padding issue. Its like the changes to my series/favorites are not being saved. I've sometimes found if I delete the series and create a new one, that fixes the problem but not always. Sometimes if I have a working series and then go and modify by say adding a "keep at most" option or setting it to record on a specific channel rather than "any", the series will no longer work.

This is using an hdhr with latest drivers.. latest sagemc, and latest sage release (not beta).

Last edited by appelm; 11-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.