SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to enterpryse
Question TechnoTrend S-1500 CI & CAM problems

I am trying to run the above without a lot of succcess to be honest, the details are;

TT S-1500 card (runs OK on not encrypted programmes)
CAM= Oasis 2
Full Sky Card Subs for HD
CI = TT ver 1.0

The software supplied with the TT card "sees" the CAM and reports "ORION" but when this interrogated by clicking on the Orion button not much happens - I expected to see the firmware details perhaps or checksum.

With the CAM and Sky card inserted I lose my channels (or as many as I've tried in this configuration).

If I upgrade to the 5.0.0.6 on the BDA driver the software will not find any channels with or without the CAM/CI attached. So I am running the software and drivers that came with the TT card.

Ideas anyone, or has anyone managed to get this TT card working with and OASIS CAM.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Old 04-27-2008, 04:30 AM
Sage User

I use the Oases2 CAM but I only have a basic Sky subscription, I think the CAM/CI probably needs to know your Sky box serial number, but I have no idea how you program this in.
I would expect the scan to find all the channels though.

I have always had to completely power down my PC before using the TT card and Oases CAM in different applications for testing.
I even set the Sage services to manual load so they dont start up when the PC boots up, just remember to set it back to automatic startup when you have finished testing.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had some problems with the Oasis 2 CAM, until I realised that the CAM fits in the CI upside down, and the card fits in the CAM with the chip on the stickered side of the CAM.
Other than that it was straight forward. The only software involved was installing the Technotrend drivers for the S2-3200 card.
I have the free channels, and my paid for channels working, but I can't get any HD channels working, but I think that's the norm without some messing about with plugins.
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
I had some problems with the Oasis 2 CAM, until I realised that the CAM fits in the CI upside down, and the card fits in the CAM with the chip on the stickered side of the CAM.
Other than that it was straight forward. The only software involved was installing the Technotrend drivers for the S2-3200 card.
I have the free channels, and my paid for channels working, but I can't get any HD channels working, but I think that's the norm without some messing about with plugins.

My CAM will only go into the CI one way - I think Ive a duff unit to be honest. I would like to test the unit in someone's working system to be sure but the chances are slim.

I'll probably return the unit to Pulsat for test/replacment
Old 05-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

CAM confirmed faulty and being replaced

Support so far from supplier has been excellent
Old 07-13-2008, 01:29 AM

New Zealand

Hi just wondering where you guys are from.
I am trying to get a floppyDTV card to work here in New Zealand I have a t-rex cam with the predator 3.6 firmware on it and when ever i insert the sky card it says unknown smartcard not decoding. Am I using the wrong cam.

Cheers
Adam
Old 07-13-2008, 03:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

We're talking about Sky UK in the UK forum.

AIUI you can't get a cam to work with Sky NZ, only NDSCam works and only with a certain type of card. You could try NDSCam with DVBViewer first and if it works use the DVBViewer Network encoder with sage.

Whitey