SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Sage User

Possible to re-try my trial?

Ok so for anyone who hasn't seen my other post here, I have a server with windows home server running sagetv for WHS, and I have a htpc running sagetv. Both of these are trials as previously I was using Vista Media Center. I didn't have any problems with it, I just wanted to purchased a sage hd media extender, so I'm trying out sage.

Anyways, I have had a couple of issues that I haven't worked out yet, but they are definitely preventing me from wanting to buy sage. I had a couple tricks I was going to try tonight to resolve my problems but have found that they will require me to restart my server. This is a problem considering my trial expired yesterday. Currently it's still letting me use it because I haven't rebooted (and could go months without rebooting) however I am forced to reboot to see if it fixes some of the issues I'm having with sage!

So the question is, is there a way for me to redo my trial without completely reformatting the comp? I'm not trying to find a way to cheat the system as I really want this to work right, and I really want their media extender. But there is no way I am sinking a few hundred in to it when right now I have studdering that I haven't been able to resolve yet.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know if it's worked, but when this has come up before, it has always recommended that folks contact Sage directly with this request.

Matt
Old 05-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage User

Ok, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Love the weim btw.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

If you took an image of your computer before installing the trial software, you could 'completely' remove the software, then the trial software would probably install again.

I take an image of my computer before installing 'trial' software, because a lot of 'trial' software on the Internet is really lousy. I then completely remove the trial software by recovering with the image file set.

The SageTV trial time limit is very short, and the lack of of a trial for the Linux version probably reduces potential sales, especially with people who already own the Windows version.

The Windows version of SageTV is well worth the purchase price. I cannot say that about the Linux version. I might be willing to purchase the Linux version if there was a trial Linux trial available, and the Linux version proved to be superior to the Windows version, even after already purchasing the Windows version.

Due to the complexity of a HTPC, everything does not work immediately, tweaking is usually required, which takes time. The short trial time limit for the Windows version just isn't long enough for many people.

Dave
Old 05-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Sage User

Well I ended up restoring both of my computers to get this problem worked out (I created an image this time before installing sage). But I just thought I'd point out that both of the trials I just downloaded are for 21 days now.

Thanks Sage!

Now off to post in my other thread because I'm still having the problem.