SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quick questions about custom menus

Bouncing from my (lengthy) questions that I posted in a separate thread, and regarding neilm's Dynamic Customizable Menus (DCM) plug-in...

1) With DCM, can you create a link directly to the "Folders" view on the "Videos" page? Or, better yet, can you create a link to one of the subfolders within "folders"? I understand that you can relocate the "main" links (listed down the left side of the screen on whatever page you are on), but since these particular links are called from "tabs" across the top of the screen, are they still "movable"?

1a) I am really wanting a more folders/tree/heirarchy -type view of my DVDs rather than just having all of them on the "DVD" view page or having to manually parse through all the subfolders under "Folders".... can DCM provide this?

2) If you install other customizations (such as MovieTimes, or RSS Reader), do links to those screens automatically show up as choices available in the list of menu items that you can add to a page? Or do you have to do some code work to get them to show up (or create a link to them)?

I am hoping to install DCM this weekend, if I can get a little free time from the wife.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post

1a) I am really wanting a more folders/tree/heirarchy -type view of my DVDs rather than just having all of them on the "DVD" view page or having to manually parse through all the subfolders under "Folders".... can DCM provide this?
It is really only for customizing the menus - not for manipulating things inside of the various screens like the Video Browser, TV Guide, Detailed setups, etc.

Quote:
2) If you install other customizations (such as MovieTimes, or RSS Reader), do links to those screens automatically show up as choices available in the list of menu items that you can add to a page? Or do you have to do some code work to get them to show up (or create a link to them)?
Yes, they will show-up automatically, no Studio coding required.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, Tiki. Regardless of #1a (fine, I can't do that), any idea about question #1 (making "DVD" or "Folder" a menu item)?
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

It's about time you started digging into the dynamic menus.

Go here to the wiki:
MenuItemLets

This one:
Go to a named folder in the video library

Check out the whole page-there's more.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
It's about time you started digging into the dynamic menus.
Yes, I am coming over to the Dark Side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Go here to the wiki:
MenuItemLets

This one:
Go to a named folder in the video library

Check out the whole page-there's more.

Gerry
Now, you know I have no code skills at all... so I will need some help here. Like, where do I copy/paste those MenuItemLet things? And will these changes all carry over to my HD Extender GUI (hopefully)?

Perhaps this would be a better discussion to PM?
Old 05-29-2008, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Like, where do I copy/paste those MenuItemLet things?
I just cut to the Windows clipboard then use the Paste function in the dynamic menu to paste a new entry.
Quote:
And will these changes all carry over to my HD Extender GUI (hopefully)?
If you load this up on your server and use the default "menu.xml" to save it to then yes it will be available on your HD Extenders. If you do it on a client PC then you need to copy "menu.xml" or what ever you called your dynamic menu file to your Server so that it will be available for your HD100(s).