SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Sage User

New Setup - WHS - Sage (Converting from Media Center)

OK... I am looking at switching from Windows Media Center to Sage...

Platform:
WHS – P4 3gig – 1Gig or RAM
500Gig HD Space
Loaded HDHomerun Drivers
Loaded Sage WHS Version – Latest from the WWW Site

Testing Client version of sage on Laptop 1.2gig 512 RAM
Only Loaded with XP Pro and Sage Client – Fresh Install

ISSUE: I tested HDHomerun on the Server and confirmed that I can see video and Audio through VLC Media Player. I then went to the client and through the Setup Wizard. Video would not play where it asked you to test Basic/Standard/Advanced. It seemed to find the HDHomerun, but it will not play any video. I even tested a Divx File and still not video.

I am not sure where to go to continue testing... Do I need divx/xvid drivers on the client?

Any Help would be greatly greatly appreciated...
Old 06-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Sage User

UPDATE:

I have a divx Movie that I can play with out issue through Media player, but when I try the Sage client, I get a rendering error...

*Confused*
Old 06-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

The video will not show up when doing that testing. They really should fix that or explain it better. Just skip it and proceed as normal as if it did. Let us know if you still can't see video after running through the whole setup.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsturner View Post
Testing Client version of sage on Laptop 1.2gig 512 RAM
Only Loaded with XP Pro and Sage Client – Fresh Install
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsturner View Post
UPDATE:

I have a divx Movie that I can play with out issue through Media player, but when I try the Sage client, I get a rendering error...

*Confused*
I'm confused too. You are not being specific with exactly what your problem is/are or what the error messages are. Your first post appears to indicate, possibly you have not installed WHS connector software on your client machine, therefore, client not having access to WHS server video folder. Your second post indicates you have installed connector and do have access to server video folder but just getting either audio and/or video renderer error. In this case, go into SageTv detailed setup, multimedia and audio and try other renderers that will work.

SageTV setup on WHS machines can get tricky, but not difficult to solve, so will be glad to help.

Routers: DIR-655 and DIR-825 Bridges: 2xDAP-1522.
Installed: WHS OS, SageTV for WHS, PlayOn and Orb.
SageTV Plugins: PlayOn in OnLine Services.
SageTV clients: HD-200->Samsung LN52A750 and HD-100->Samsung LN40A650
Clients: 5 HP laptops, home built PC, iMac, PS3, PSP, XBox360, 3 iPhones 3gs (through OrbLive).

Last edited by inlvnv; 06-11-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure to actually choose your video decoder on the Sage client-don't leave it at default.

Turn off the firewall on the WHS server and the client and see if that does any better.

Make sure to finish the configuration of your tuner and skip through the preview. Just choose the correct tuner input and proceed.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Sage User

Thank you for thaking the time to reply...

I will give our sugestions a try tonight... I also purchased the Sage Hauppauge Media Extender. Thinking that this might eliminate any issues that might be related to the client. That way I can confirm that the WHS side is working well.

It sounds like I need to use a different video decoder on the client, I left the one that came with the software thinking that would be best..

Thank you for your help.. Will report tomorrow.

Can you Recomend a Decoder? ffdshow?

Last edited by wsturner; 06-13-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Uggg. Make sure you didn't actually buy the Hauppauge media extender. It is SD only.

You need to buy the SageTV HD Media Extender. It should be $200.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Sage User

I did.... For the kids TV.... If this works I will get 2 of the HD Versions..

$100 - If it works.. Kids are set.. If not, I will return it to Amazon...

This should be good for TESTING? Right? That was the intent...

Last edited by wsturner; 06-13-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Sage User

UPDATE: Installed the MVP media Extender... - All Videos XVID/DIVX now seem to play on the extender... My Connection to the HDHomeRun is still not working... There is a TON of traffic between the HDHomerun and WHS along with Traffic between WHS and MVP... Just no video....