SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage User

Browsing non-SageTV videos

90% of the time, I use my HTPC to watch videos other than recorded TV. Netflix movies, my own DVDs backed up to my network, downloaded video files stored on my fileserver, etc. My collection is very well organized. I've got a folder structure like:
[Drive]:\Video\Genres\Action\MovieName or
[Drive]:\Video\Anime\SeriesName or
[Drive]:\Video\TV\Genre\SeriesName

My options with SageTV (using SageMC BTW, and enjoying it very much for TV recording/watching) seem to be either forego this nice organization and have all of my files dumped into one single listing ("My Videos" under SageMC) or browse a small file listing box that doesn't even display volume labels for shared folders mounted from my fileserver (So I have to try to remember that V is movies, W is anime, U is TV, etc). And if I browse that way, which isn't too bad really, it doesn't display thumbnails, it displays in a small popup window rather than fullscreen and pleasantly the way My Videos works, then when I finish watching a file I'm dumped back into the My Videos listing and have to open up the popup again, start all over with navigating, hope I remember what those drive letters are, etc.

Is there a better way? I just switched over from Windows Media Center because of the HD-PVR so I might be ignorant of available addons and such. I'd love to find a way to browse my videos similar to how Windows Media Center works where I can import folders, browse them with nice thumnails in fullscreen, and have all my work with organizing the videos be used to present the list to me, etc.

Thanks in advance,
otakucode