SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Sage User

Did 6.4.5 break FireWire channel changing?

I have installed 6.5.4 to work with my new HD-PVR. I have also installed (I think) all of the required bits for firewire channel changing of my Motorol DCT 6200 STB (never tried it before this install, so no, I have never had it working before). I can *occasionally* get the channels to change via the Sage interface, but it quickly stops working. I am still trying to track down exactly what is breaking but wanted to quiz the experts here before I continue to beat my head against to wall for too long...

I remember seeing somewhere that there was an issue with telling your STB to tune to an invalid channel, but don't remember if this was associated with firewire channel control. I don't think this is my issue since the firewire control will mysteriously quit even when I just increment, then decrement between two known-good channels on the STB.

Any sage advice would be much appreciated!

Thx,
Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Administrator

In don't know what the issue is that you are running into, but I thought I would answer the question about whether firewire channel changing can work with v6.4.5: yes, that's what I use & it still works fine.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Sage User

Thanks Andy....I'll keep looking.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Sage User

Finally got it working. It appears that either Sage service or the ExeMultiTuner.dll breaks (requires a restart of SageTVService) if you send it a channel that is not properly mapped in the EPG. PITA.