SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

HD100 not working, just goes into standby

Hi,

My HD100 has developed a problem, the following things happen depending on if the box is in standby or the power is off:-

If the box is in standby - turning on with the remote or the front panel - The Active light comes on - The Link light comes on and flashes - The Active and Link lights go off and nothing happens, the box goes back into standby.

If the power is off - turning the main power on - The Active light comes on - The Link light flashes - The box goes into the setup menu - If I select the server then the box goes into standby.

The above problem started after I changed some remote codes on the HD100, I am not sure if this problem is as a result of my linking remote codes or what has gone wrong?

Basically I went into the Detailed Setup option/Commands and linked some of the remote codes to another remote control. I don't see why these would have caused a problem?

I've tried updating the firware, I've tried the "Recovery Procedure" and I also tried reinstalling the software onto the server and choosing the repair option.

In addition I have a second HD100 and an MVP both of which work fine.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

PS I have raised an official request but it would be great if I could fix this asap.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Try the recovery procedure described in the FAQ. This will load a "known good" version of the firmware.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...797#post253797

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I tried that already and it didn't work.

Ta,

David
Old 08-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Administrator

The properties file in the clients subdirectory may be corrupt -- happened to me the other day after the computer crashed. If it contains junk, see if the .autobackup copy is OK or if you have a backup copy elsewhere; otherwise move its <mac address>.properties file & .autobackup copy and try again.

If that's not it, use the debug log to see what the server's log says after trying to power the HD100 on.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

I tried deleting all the client files just in case, it made no difference.

In fact, I also tried deleting all the configuration files including the backup files (Sageproperties etc).

It made no difference.

My increasing frustrated and worry that the HD100 was broken lead me to uninstall SageTV from the server, following which I did a clean re-install.

I also did a firmware update on the HD100 followed by a reset and finally changing it to PAL.

And at last now it's working again.......

Still I lost all my favourites, recording details, channels etc, in the process of fixing it.

If the technical support give me a fix I'll post it here for future referrence.

I expect that something, somewhere, in one of the configuration files and backup files had a problem.

Next time I'll copy all the files before I try messing around with the remote commands.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

David