SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Sage User

Placeshifter not browsing Media in Folder View

I use to use Placeshifter on older versions on my notebook without issue. I have since got it going again after a fresh windows install on the notebook.

Both Server and Client are running versions 6.3

The Issue

1. I go to Media Center on Placeshifter
2. I choose Videos
3. I then try to navigate my videos in Folder View. I have two selections in front of me that are my folders on a hard drive on the network. TV2 and Anime.

4. If I try to go into either of these Folders Placeshifter just hangs and will eventually close out and leave you at the Login Screen.

5. If I view in Filename view instead of Folder view I do not have issues. I can see everything. I can select everything.

If anyone has any ideas on this one please let me know. Dont know if this is a software bug with this later version or not. As I said. I had no issues like this with earlier versions.

Thank you

Kevin
Old 08-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

PS won't play back DVDs... is that what you are trying to watch?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Sage User

No. not dvd. Just avi files. As I said. If I go to filename view I can scroll through the whole huge list of files in those two shared folders of mine and have it work just fine. If I go to Folder View and try and choose either of my folders. Anime or TV2 it just sits there a while and then placeshifter crashes to the connect screen that shows your server available to connect to.

A couple times its made it into the anime folder but have not beenable to select and play videos.

I have no issues with this on the server system. I have no issues choosig the files manually over the network just in windows. Issue is trying to use Folder View in Placeshifter to view and select from my Video Collection

Thank yu