SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage User

How Do I get Sage TV to look like this? (With a HDD Space indicator bar)

I only have a little portion of the image and here it is
the version of sage I'm using is 5.0.4 and my tuner is the Hauppauge HVR-1800 PCI - E
Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormatC: View Post
I only have a little portion of the image and here it is
the version of sage I'm using is 5.0.4 and my tuner is the Hauppauge HVR-1800 PCI - E
Thanks

I dont know if the hidden extras are in version 5 but you can try. Goto the system information screen in the setup menu and enter 5309. You should then see a little green dot appear in the top left part of the system info screen. Then goto detailed setup->customize scroll down till you see the unsupported extras section and the diskspace bar options should be in there.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Sage Expert

Wow that was a great diskspace dealywho. But what the heck did it do to the Recorded Shows info. I had to go back as I couldn't navigate the rest of the program.

Is there a consise list of these in one place?

There seems to be a lot of "must have" capabilites that are missing in Sage as far as I can tell in my demo. I am used to Replays 5000's and BTV, Replay had some incredible features I just took for granted till I don't have them anymore. Like while looking at one machine's recordings you could with one button see what was recorded on all your other machines (had three), could automatically record on another box if there was already a recording happening on the current machine. "Chapter" skip.. etc.
Having to exit out of the Sage Client (which is difficult with just a remote ) so you can run it again to point at another recording machine is painful.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Wow that was a great diskspace dealywho. But what the heck did it do to the Recorded Shows info. I had to go back as I couldn't navigate the rest of the program.
What exactly are you asking here? If you are wanting the diskspace bar that shows amount of space left in GB free and/or time remaining SageMC has that.

Quote:
List of what?

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of "must have" capabilites that are missing in Sage as far as I can tell in my demo. I am used to Replays 5000's and BTV, Replay had some incredible features I just took for granted till I don't have them anymore.

Like while looking at one machine's recordings you could with one button see what was recorded on all your other machines (had three)
You can do that with SageTV...

Quote:
, could automatically record on another box if there was already a recording happening on the current machine.
Not sure what your asking for here - if you have two tuners on one box don't you want to use both of them on that box? Or if you're saying two drives - you can use more than one recording drive if thats what you mean.

Quote:
"Chapter" skip..
SageTV does that.
Quote:
Having to exit out of the Sage Client (which is difficult with just a remote ) so you can run it again to point at another recording machine is painful.
You don't have to do that - you stop a show or video or music etc on machine one (hit the stop button with your remote) and go to machine two and select that same show, video or music and hit play with your remote to start where you left off.

You might want to list out your other "must have" capabilities you're missing - they're probably already there....

You might find the SageTV User Manual helpful
or the SageTV FAQ
or possibly the list of available customizations
Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Why do you need more than one recording machine? Put all your tuners on one machine and you won't have that problem. If there's some reason you can't do that, set up secondary machines as network encoders rather than independent Sage servers, so all your recordings will be accessible through one server.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:

If you are talking about the default interface, then see the hidden features for more info about those features.

Other customizations can be found here: List of available customizations

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

There seems to be a lot of "must have" capabilites that are missing in Sage as far as I can tell in my demo. I am used to Replays 5000's and BTV, Replay had some incredible features I just took for granted till I don't have them anymore. Like while looking at one machine's recordings you could with one button see what was recorded on all your other machines (had three), could automatically record on another box if there was already a recording happening on the current machine. "Chapter" skip.. etc.
Just to add to what Greg said above, you can setup multiple Sage server installations to work together with one performing the role of master and the others as slave recorders. All recording activity storage etc will be scheduled across the servers as appropriate and they will all share the same db. Better by far than the replay solution that you mention imho. The sage servers acting as encoders can still run the client interface.

See page 255 in the sage manual for details on how to configure this.

Quote:
Appendix G: Network Encoding
SageTV can be used to control recordings made with an encoding device that is installed on
another computer on the same network. Two full installations of SageTV are used for this
purpose:
For the installation of SageTV that is going to be the network encoder, set this property:
enable_encoding_server=true. Start this installation of SageTV. Note: To also use
SageTV on this system as a client, start a second instance of SageTV.exe, using the ‘-
client’ command line parameter. See Appendix D: SageTV Command Line Parameters.
For the main installation of SageTV (the one that is to be the server for all your clients),
set this property: network_encoder_discovery=true. Start SageTV.
Note: Each installation of SageTV will require a separate registration license.
Note: The SageTV server will need access through any software firewall for port 8271
(UDP), while the network encoders will need access for port 6969 (TCP). These ports
are the same no matter how many network encoder devices are in use, on one or multiple
computers. See Firewall Settings for more port information.
Mick.