SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Electronic Programming Guide (EPG) stopped

I've been using SageTV (version 6.x) all this week with no major problems. Then all of a sudden it says "No Data" in every cell of the EPG. I tried the old trick of removing some channels and reinstating them but no luck. I tried rebooting a couple of times as well.

The other weird thing (this has been happening for a long time now) is that the EPG adds a few channels (in the higher numbers) that I never selected. If i remove them, a few others will appear to take their place. Pretty weird. This part isn't a big deal though.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Forgot to add: I am posting this thread using my SageTV server computer, so that proves the internet connection is good.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I read something about forcing an EPG update at Setup > SystemInformation. I don't know where that menu option is (I have version 6.3.5).

All the channels work fine - it's just the EPG not working.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I tried the suggestion of removing all the lines that say:
server_update_id

Didn't work. Then I tried the idea of removing all my sources and readding them under a different provider, and then finally back to my old provider. I still get "No Data" both under the new provider and then again under the old provider.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you have port 7760 open on any firewalls (software and/or hardware). Here is the link to the FAQ for more info.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...335#post105335

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal View Post
I've been using SageTV (version 6.x) all this week with no major problems. Then all of a sudden it says "No Data" in every cell of the EPG.
Have you made ANY changes to your

1. SageTV Setup Yes, upgraded to 6.x (6.35)
- What was your previous version.
- Any other changes; STVs, STVi

2. SageTV PC
- Firewalls
- Updated OS,
- Service Packs

3. LAN

4. Internet Router

5. Home situation
- familial relationships
- new dog or baby
- old college buddy sleeping on couch

After checking your firewall, if none of the other items apply, you might want to back up your wiz.bin and do a fresh install of 6.4.x and setup the tuners, et al one more time.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo View Post
Have you made ANY changes to your

1. SageTV Setup Yes, upgraded to 6.x (6.35)
- What was your previous version.
- Any other changes; STVs, STVi

2. SageTV PC
- Firewalls
- Updated OS,
- Service Packs

3. LAN

4. Internet Router

5. Home situation
- familial relationships
- new dog or baby
- old college buddy sleeping on couch

After checking your firewall, if none of the other items apply, you might want to back up your wiz.bin and do a fresh install of 6.4.x and setup the tuners, et al one more time.
Actually the SageTV installation of 6.3 has probably been working fine for 6 to 8 weeks. I am not aware of having made any changes in the last 8 weeks or so. I'll probably try the reinstall.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Make sure you have port 7760 open on any firewalls (software and/or hardware). Here is the link to the FAQ for more info.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...335#post105335

Aloha,
Mike

I tried manually activating that port in Windows Firewall, and then did the usual steps to force an EPG update (closing SageTV, toggling a channel) didn't work. Then I tried turning of the firewall completely (out of desperation). Same results.

I guess I'll have to try the reinstall.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Administrator

From your previous comments, I figure you've seen this FAQ, but there it is just in case. Also, make sure you've actually changed the properties file correctly so that the change is seen by SageTV, so see this FAQ about editing the properties file. If the property file edit isn't done correctly, it will have no effect.

If none of that helps, then you could contact support to see what they say.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Instead of doing full reinstall, I did the pseudo-reinstall. That is, I deleted the Sage.Properties file and the Sage.Properties.AutoBackup file.

Seems to be working now. I probably lost some of my video settings, though, so it may be a little while before I get everything hunky dory again. But I didn't lose any of my previous recordings, at least.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I still had about a dozen channels with "No Data" so I forced another EPG update which took care of most of them.

With the remaining ones, I had to actually watch each of them, one by one, to trigger the update. This is a problem I had in the past - some channels won't update in the EPG until I actually tune to that channel.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

It happened again, this time I found a faster solution. I simply went into Channel Setup, selected "Disable all Channels", and then "Scan for available channels."

As my two different tuners draw from two different program listings, I had to do it a second time to get the EPG fully populated.

Didn't have to mess with the "properties" file or reinstalling the software this time.

BTW, the simplest method -removing / readding a single channel to force an EPG update - wasn't working. I had to disable all channels to get this to work.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, the problem of the disappearing EPG-info has gotten worse. It seems to become more and more frequent over time. At first it was only happening once every few months. Then it was every few weeks. Then about once a week. Well, guess what? I did a restoration of the EPG yesterday and today it's gone again. Looks like I'll have to do a full reinstall of SageTV. This is not good.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Administrator

I mentioned above that you should contact support.

It wouldn't hurt to post a debug log too.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.