SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

"Erase" button generates square symbols

Hi,

I have to repost this under a better title.

The search dialog of online videos (and several other text input fields) provide an on screen keyboard.
Pressing the "erase" button on the on screen keyboard produces square symbols. Without a keyboard I have no possibility to erase the previously entered character.

A friend of mine has exactly the same issue!

We both use SageTV 6.3.10 on a german Win XP. My UI language is set to "English".

Any ideas?

Eyk
Attached Images
File Type: png sagemcerr.PNG (102.1 KB, 220 views)

Clients: HD200, MediaMVP
Capture Cards: Technotrend Budget S-1500 (DVB-S)

STVi for XMLTV icons
Old 08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Sage Expert

The English numeric code is not being interpreted by your German OS into the Backspace function.

You may want to ask SageTV about a fix or work-around in a Support Request.

Last edited by Conejo; 08-19-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: please ignore my ramblings
Old 08-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo View Post
You may want to ask SageTV about a fix or work-around in a Support Request.
Only contact SageTV if the same issue exists in the default STV using SageTV v6.4: SageTV3.xml.

The issue mentioned here is in SageMC & SageTV will not look at it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Sage Expert

That's what I get for not looking at the picture or the thread area. Doh!

I'm also going to rephrase my response...

Sound like a JAVA localization issue. The on-screen soft keyboard is probably generating a US control character instead of an ISO character for BS (backspace) and your version of Java might be expecting DEL (Delete).

It's getting displayed as a box because the software isn't properly interpreting or ultimately discarding it.

As Andy (OPUS 4) noticed, you're currently using SageMC: a User-Created and Supported Alternative STV.
To see if this is a SageTV issue, you should try loading the default SageTV3.xml STV and try your test again.

Based on that test you can contact the appropriate group. The SageMC STV people have a thread around here somewhere...

Last edited by Conejo; 08-19-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: please ignore my ramblings
Old 08-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo View Post
The SageMC STV people have a thread around here somewhere...
This topic is already in the SageMC subforum & was posted there to start with.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Sage Expert

Yea, I didn't realize how bad my current headcold was until you pointed out this was a SageMC issue, with a SageMC screencap, in the SageTV Customizations SageMC Custom Interface area... It only took me FOUR post/reply volleys to figure it all out.

Still, I thinks it's an interesting 'issue'. On-screen soft keyboard. Erase button generates a character code. Character isn't interpreted as expected in the software. Only difference is that the OS? Keyboardmap(ASCII vs ISO)? and JAVA? are German localizations. Curious, are there known issues of SageMC running on top of localizations? I didn't see anything from a search.

I'm sure there are several members who wished I hadn't been posting for the last couple of days. Anyway, sorry about the idiotic posts.