SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Sage User

Recording shows on specific tuner?? How to?

Hi All,

I have recently added a new HD-PVR to my existing system.
At present I have 2 atsc tuners, 1 hd pvr and an older pvr250.

The problem I have is that the atsc tuners have the exact same channels as the HD pvr (the hdpvr has more channels - but it also has copies of those on the atsc tuners). The issue is that a few channels arent at all reliable over atsc - specifically NBC & FOX.

For whatever reason Sage has decided that since all the channels have the same name (and channel id) it has grouped them all together.

Im basically looking for a way to either specifically state that show X gets recorded on the hdpvr or for a way to separate the grouped channels so I can directly address the HD-PVR channels.

I know I can simply disable the effected channels on the two atsc tuners but I was hoping to keep them as standby (they are about 70-80% reliable so for unimportant things the channels would be fine).

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Ive done some searches but so far I havent found a clear answer.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Administrator

You could use the mmc/encoders/###/encoder_merit properties to set up tuner priority, but that won't guarantee that the higher merit tuenr is always used for a certain channel.

Personally, if a channel can't be trusted to record properly from a tuner, I wouldn't enable it on that tuner.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Sage User

I was thinking this was the only way - but I kept hoping... oh well I need to wait on my hdpvr to get returned anyways

Thanks Andy
Old 10-31-2008, 02:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You could use the mmc/encoders/###/encoder_merit properties to set up tuner priority, but that won't guarantee that the higher merit tuenr is always used for a certain channel.
Andy, please explain this too me. I went through the trouble to assign tuner merit and recording directories and they seemed to work perfectly until recently. I was infuriated that SageTV is ignoring my specifications and just doing whatever the heck it wants! I thought these properties were there to tell SageTV what to do but it's not listening.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Im basically looking for a way to either specifically state that show X gets recorded on the hdpvr or for a way to separate the grouped channels so I can directly address the HD-PVR channels.
You've probably already found the answer, but in case you haven't, you need to search the forums for threads about channel mapping. I used the information to create six lineups for my four tuners. It involved setting up my atsc tuners to use a very nearby lineup with the same channels available in my city then I remapped the logical number to be near the SD channel in the guide. For my cable box I used the digital cable lineup and deselected all analog channels. For basic cable I used the basic cable lineup deselecting any channel that I don't actually get.

The result, lets use CBS as an example. In my guide I see 6, then 6-1 HD, then 6-2 DT. When the digital tuner is recording a show on CBS I see it marked on 6-1. When it records analog it is marked on 6. It never uses the cable box to record CBS because I have disabled it in the digital lineup. Is this what you're trying to accomplish?