SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Sage User

hdhr and 6.4.8

Ok
I just upgraded from one of the last versions of the sage beta to 6.4.8

Now MY hdhr tuners are messed up.

I was using a beta version of the HDHR software but now I am using the latest full version from there site.

I am using my HDHR for over the air tuning. I get through the sage setup instructions for 6.4.8 until it gets to the scan in sage. the sage scan takes forever and finds like two stations which don't work.

The over the air guide for my loctation now has a bunch of extra channels from all the failed scan attempts too.

Any ideas on what to try?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyhill View Post
I am using my HDHR for over the air tuning. I get through the sage setup instructions for 6.4.8 until it gets to the scan in sage. the sage scan takes forever and finds like two stations which don't work.
If SageTV's scan is taking a long time, then it probably isn't seeing the proper .scn file from the HDHR's channel editor. See this topic for setup instructions: HDHR setup for Windows. Make sure you are choosing antenna/OTA in both programs.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the link. I have read that thread what seems like 3 times now.

I think I am finally starting to understand conceptually how Sage and the HDHR work together. Which I am sure can't hurt.

So I think the HDHR software is doing its job. I see the .scn files that are created and when I open them all looks well. However when I try to add the tuner in sage things just go wrong.

1. the scan takes forever and ultimately finds the same two channels both wrong.

2. my local OTA lineup is now full of incorrect channels. including lots of the same channel, which I assume sage has added. there is no other tuner using this lineup but it never seems to get deleted and setup fresh no matter what I do.

You know once I get this working again I think it will take an act of God (or some awesome new feature to get me to upgrade sage again. Every time i do it something breaks and breaks hard.

Last edited by bennyhill; 09-02-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Administrator

In SageTV's Channel Setup, check the Remap options for each channel & reset any that offer a reset option. Remove the tuner in SageTV. Exit & restart SageTV. Wait a couple minutes after it has restarted, then exit & restart again.

The long scan indicates that perhaps the .scn files are not being read. When thigns are configured properly, the scan in SageTV takes just a couple minutes.

What are the .scn files named in the SageTV directory? They should have ATSC in their names, something like:
Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner xxxxxxxx-0-0-ATSC.scn

In the HDHR setup program, are you choosing SageTV as the app? Antenna/OTA?

Are you choosing Antenna as the tuner type when configuring the tuner in SageTV?

It may help for you to just enable debug logging, including for the native log, redo the HDHR setup in SageTV & attach the logs & native log to a post.

I need both sagetv_0.txt and sagetvclient_0.txt if a client UI is being used with the service to configure the tuner on the server.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
In SageTV's Channel Setup, check the Remap options for each channel & reset any that offer a reset option. Remove the tuner in SageTV. Exit & restart SageTV. Wait a couple minutes after it has restarted, then exit & restart again.
Will this address all the extra channels currently in my OTA lineup? I would like to start fresh with that lineup if possible but I have no idea what to delete.

Quote:
What are the .scn files named in the SageTV directory? They should have ATSC in their names, something like:
Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner xxxxxxxx-0-0-ATSC.scn
Yes that is what they are called. I have deleted them and when I go through the hdhr setup it replaces them.

Quote:
In the HDHR setup program, are you choosing SageTV as the app? Antenna/OTA?
Yes to all that.

Quote:
Are you choosing Antenna as the tuner type when configuring the tuner in SageTV?
Yes.

Quote:
It may help for you to just enable debug logging, including for the native log, redo the HDHR setup in SageTV & attach the logs & native log to a post.

I need both sagetv_0.txt and sagetvclient_0.txt if a client UI is being used with the service to configure the tuner on the server.
Thanks for your help I will try this when I get a chance.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Sage User

ok so I think Sage is screwing with me a little bit but anyway.

So this time the scan went quickly and found most of my channels.

Still have problems though,

It gives a null error when I try to tune a station.

and I still have a bunch of duplicate channels in my ota lineup. How do I delete this lineup entirely? So I can start fresh with this thing.

I have attached the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (283.3 KB, 232 views)
Old 09-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Sage User

OK duh. the null error was a playback codec error.

I went through and selected all the channels the scan didn't select for me. All the mappings were correct and everything is now working perfect.

I really have no idea whatsoever what it is that I did different this time as apposed the 5 other times I have tried to re setup this tuner. All well. At least it is working again, and i have a feeling with these new updates we might not have to go through this again.

Thanks for the help.