SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

HDHomerun Beta Firmware/Software 9/05/08

Anybody tried the new software/firmware yet? I would, but my power supply just died.. If you have an older power supply it is now recommended you get a replacement sent out to you even if your current supply is working.. this only applies to certain supplies... they have a page on their site to check if yours is one that needs replacing..
Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Where are you finding the software (is it Sage related or a firmware update, etc)? The only firmware I could find was Release 20080723 and I didn't see a beta firmware in the manufactures forum. So I am simply missing the new stuff I think...

Thanks!
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 09-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

HDHomerun Firmware/Software

I find it here.. but until I get the new power supply I can't test it..

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484
Old 09-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Anybody tried the new software/firmware yet? I would, but my power supply just died.. If you have an older power supply it is now recommended you get a replacement sent out to you even if your current supply is working.. this only applies to certain supplies... they have a page on their site to check if yours is one that needs replacing..
I have looked through the Silicondust web site and don't see anything related to replacing power supplies. Could you post the URL?
TV Storage: 11 TB (4x1.5TB for recording, 5TB for archive)
Clients: 3
SageTV Extenders:5
Old 09-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
Could you post the URL?
Sure thing! I think they are replacing certain supplies even if they haven't failed yet, as mine did..

http://www.silicondust.com/tickets
Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Sage Expert

I gotta say... I love SiliconDust at this point. I saw the link, sent in my Device ID, and BOOM, 3 days later I had a new power supply. No Questions, No problems, just get it done.

Needless to say, now my HDHR is working again. Yeah!

-Brian
Old 09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake550 View Post
I gotta say... I love SiliconDust at this point. I saw the link, sent in my Device ID, and BOOM, 3 days later I had a new power supply. No Questions, No problems, just get it done.

Needless to say, now my HDHR is working again. Yeah!

-Brian
Yea, they are responding quite well to this problem. But I have to say that it's kind of crappy that the supplier they went with for the original power supplies used those crappy capacitors. Which, if you didn't know, is the cause of the problem. I popped my bad one open just to check it out. Right there was a nice bulging leaky capacitor. Just goes to show if you go with the lowest bidder you get exactly what you pay for. Because of all the replacements they're having to ship out they would have saved quite a bit of money had they gone with a higher quality unit to begin with.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

About two months ago, one of my 2 HDHRs started acting strangely - it had life but wasn't tuning channels. I submitted a ticket and went back and forth with their help suggestions, trying various things... but sure enough, just as I was about to give up, the light on the power supply started flickering and it died, just like everyone else's (I guess it must have had a slow death that caused it to act weird, rather than just plain dying).

Anyway, as mentioned above, I put in for a new one, and a second for my other HDHR, which (to this day) still is working fine on the old power supply. Three days later, I had two new ones. I do give them credit for speedy response.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Sage User

Mine went quite some time ago, I told them it must either be the power supply or the tuner...They sent me a new PS and I toldthem it worked. I think it was almost a year ago now.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Anyway, as mentioned above, I put in for a new one, and a second for my other HDHR, which (to this day) still is working fine on the old power supply. Three days later, I had two new ones. I do give them credit for speedy response.
It sounds like you are still using the old supply on the 2nd unit. I would recommend that you switch it for the new supply. It will fail at some point in the future, and you don't want to risk missing out on some important recordings because of it. To switch it out is very cheap insurance IMHO.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 09-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah.. but...

The question remains.. does the new software/firmware work with Sage?

My PS hasn't arrived yet.. today is day 3 since I ordered it.. I wonder where they ship from?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
The question remains.. does the new software/firmware work with Sage?
As far as I know, it should. I just heard from SiliconDust w/their help resolving an issue for someone who said they were using the 'latest' HDHR software. It ended up working fine... but I just asked them to confirm whether this was with the HDHR beta software. Anyway, they don't seem to be aware of any problems.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.