SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Can Sage Power toggle a STB if it is off?

One way that I will miss recordings is when my cable STBs (a few variations of SA boxes) power themselves down. This happens about once a month or so and I believe it may be related to software updates on the boxes from my cable company, Rogers Cable. (Most of my cable boxes are connected to UPS'es so this is not a pwer flash issue) Is there any way that Sage could tell that it was not receiving a video signal and send a power toggle to the box via an IR blaster?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't believe there's a way to check if the box is on or not from sage. Unfortunately, SA boxes also don't ave any sort of discrete power on or power off IR codes either. I think there MIGHT be an option in the setup to make it so that it will turn on with number presses as well ("Power + Number" or somthing like that), but can't guarantee it. Some boxes also have a Power on Timer option... you can set it to just come on automatically every morning at 4am, which should catch any nasty update shutdowns.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-08-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

I haven't seen this with Sage but I know that with MCE when it can't get a signal from an OTA channel it sends you a message to that effect. Assuming that Sage could tell whether it was receiving a valid video signal on the source that was supposed to be tuning the channel you could have it send a power toggle in the hopes that the "no signal" was due to a powreed down box. I can't remember seeing a power on timer option in the setup for the SA boxes, I believe that their PVR, the SA8300HD actually powers down each night. I have been using the SA3250HD and SA3200 attached to my HTPCs and they only power off in a relatively infrequent manner as mentioned above.