SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Sage User

Question No channel listing for OTA-HD channels received on Cable.

Background:
I have Extended Basic Cable service from Insight Communication. My cable company also transmits the local OTA HD channels in addition to the regular analog cable channels.

My Setup:
  1. Hauppauge PVR 350 - Cable connected to TV tuner - configured to use "Insight communications" cable line-up
  2. Hauppauge HVR 1800 - Cable connected to Digital tuner - configured to use "Lexington - Digital Broadcast" OTA line-up

Issue:
I'm not receiving any channel data for the 4 HD channels that I receive on Hauppauge HVR 1800's Digital tuner.

So, I looked at the FAQ and found this text:
Quote:
The channel may be over-the-air (OTA) only. The guide data for OTA broadcast stations that are not also part of a cable or satellite lineup from Zap2it is not available to SageTV. Most OTA stations are also carried by cable or satellite companies as part of their local channel coverage, so the guide data for most OTA stations is thus available to SageTV. However, there are some stations that are OTA-only. Listings for such a channel will only be available if it is a digital station that includes EPG data within its broadcast.
My case is close to this, but none of the 4 OTA HD channels I'm having issues with, are OTA only. There are analog versions of them that I also receive on my PVR350 tuner. Is there a way for me to tell Sage to use the line-up for the analog channels for these HD channels? Or is there any other way to change my channel setup so that I get channel listing for the 4 OTA HD channels?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Sage Icon

You actually don't want OTA (ATSC) streams you want QAM.

In the setup choose Cable, choose the top tier of cable programming in your area.

Now in channel setup choose to unselect all, then do a channel scan.

The QAM tuner will find the QAM cable rebroadcasts of the ATSC originals.

The confusion comes from this being over cable not OTA anymore even though it is the same channels as available OTA.

Tags
epg, ota