SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

How would I change tuner names

Is there a way to create custom names for tuners. I thought I remember there being one but I couldn't find it.
I now have 7 tuners 3xUSB2's, the dual PVR-500 and the dual HDHR.
In the parallel view of the recording schedule I can only see the beginning of the tuners but it's the end that distinguishes them. It makes it hard to troubleshoot if I have a bad recording or tuner issue.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Administrator

There's a plugin/import to try somewhere, or, after a short bit of searching on "rename tuner", I found the one I was looking for:
Is there Any Way to Rename the PVR Cards?

I'm not sure if that's the current best way, though.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Here's the one you are looking for.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17377

It was originally from like version 4 or something (probably why it was hard to find), but I have it working just fine in 6.4.8. It's very simple. There is a setup that appears in the detailed setup area, which allows you to choose the tuner and give it whatever name you want.

Ah, just read the thread.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Sage Icon

Thanx guys.

I was searching for "change tuner name" and "custom tuner name" and stuff like that. I feel stupid for not trying "re"name tuner.

I Appreciate the help...