SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Sage Expert

PVR1600 QAM stopped working

I'm having a problem with the digital portion of my PVR1600 card. It was working fine up until at least Monday night (have a successful recording). I'm unsure as to what happened. Everything was working fine since adding the card about a month or two ago. I know that I made a registry change as discussed in this thread. This was to fix a timeline problem I was having. I applied this registry fix.

I was also experimenting with a usb tv tuner (Trisys TV Box USB) and wonder if it's drivers may have caused some kind of conflict. I'm unsure if this is even possible but I'm throwing it out there.

So far I've uninstalled the usb tv tuner by removing it from device manager. I've also run the Hauppauge hcwclear command and reinstalled the 3.4D drivers for my HVR1600 and two PVR150s. I've tried rescanning for QAM channels in the WinTV app and am not getting any channels.

I've included my log file that shows what happens when I try to watch a channel on the digital portion of the PVR1600. It's the very last part of the log file.

Any ideas? Is it safe for me to just remove the registry entries I made or do I need to change them back to some default value? Thanks guys!
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (232.1 KB, 1358 views)
Old 09-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Sage Expert

Looks like I had a bad cable. I replaced the cable going to the digital port and all is well.

Last edited by dinki; 09-20-2008 at 03:40 PM.