SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Sage User

Question "Please insert the DVD to play this video" message with recorded tv playback...

I just got around to setting up Sage over this past weekend and have only recorded a few shows with it. I recorded a few episodes of The Shield the past week and when I try to play either of my recordings I get a "Please insert the DVD to play this video" message...I'm using two HVR-1600's as my tuning sources....any ideas on why I would get this message?

Last edited by ProAm500; 09-26-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage User

am i the only one that has seen this?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Are you using the SageMC interface? I remember some SageMC users mentioning it in the past, but I can't remember whether it also happened to people using the default STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Are you using the SageMC interface? I remember some SageMC users mentioning it in the past, but I can't remember whether it also happened to people using the default STV.

- Andy
yeah, and its the latest version........
Old 09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Sage User

it seems that no matter what i record from either tuner give me this message, and i can not view my recorded content...is there something im missing?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Administrator

You should revert to a default setup using SageTV3.xml as your STV and have no other customizations enabled, then see if it happens. If so, contact SageTV support for assistance because so far it seems like no one remembers what this could be. If it only happens in SageMC, then it would seem to be related to some sort of setting it is using.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You should revert to a default setup using SageTV3.xml as your STV and have no other customizations enabled, then see if it happens. If so, contact SageTV support for assistance because so far it seems like no one remembers what this could be. If it only happens in SageMC, then it would seem to be related to some sort of setting it is using.

- Andy
Ok I switched back to the standard interface and it seems my recordings play as normal without that DVD message....I assume its something in the SageMC config thats off?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

The only thing I can suggest is to post a debug log after reproducing the problem in SageMC. Instructions are here.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
The only thing I can suggest is to post a debug log after reproducing the problem in SageMC. Instructions are here.

Aloha,
Mike
heres the debug log per your instructions in the link you posted...
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (225.2 KB, 359 views)
Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

What is your setting for the following path?

Settings >> SageMC >> Paths >> Offline Path

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
What is your setting for the following path?

Settings >> SageMC >> Paths >> Offline Path

Aloha,
Mike
c:/....I have my Hard drive partitioned into two parts....c:\ for data and my recordings and d:\ for Windows
Old 09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmmm..... Try creating a folder like C:\Offline and changing the offline path to that. It's a long shot, but you never know. ( I assume your recording path is not also set to C:\, but something like C:\[Recording directory]) Also, what plugin do you have installed?

Aloha,
Mike