SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
Another HD question, audio this time

I am thinking about getting the Auzentech HDMI sound card when it comes out next month. It has an HDMI input and an HDMI output. You plug your HDMI video into it and it sends the video and audio out to the TV or AMP through one HDMI cable. I have a 7.1 channel AMP and really want to use just one cable from my PC to the AMP. I am currently using 4 cables, 1 video and 3 audio.

My question is does the HD coming in from my antenna to my HVR-1600 have surround (even if just 5.1) or is it all just 2 channel stereo? I know on my Dish HD (when I had it) had surround.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01 View Post
I am thinking about getting the Auzentech HDMI sound card when it comes out next month. It has an HDMI input and an HDMI output. You plug your HDMI video into it and it sends the video and audio out to the TV or AMP through one HDMI cable. I have a 7.1 channel AMP and really want to use just one cable from my PC to the AMP. I am currently using 4 cables, 1 video and 3 audio.

My question is does the HD coming in from my antenna to my HVR-1600 have surround (even if just 5.1) or is it all just 2 channel stereo? I know on my Dish HD (when I had it) had surround.
Yes, if you the show you are watching has 5.1 surround then it will be recorded as such. As far as the card above, why don't you just get a vid card that supports audio over HDMI? The new AMD cards support 5.1 audio via HDMI if I am not mistaken.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 09-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
Because I have a 7.1 X-FI right now and I dont want to go back to 5.1. The problem with it is I have to use the multi channel input on my amp and uses 1 two channel mini to RCA and 2 three channel mini to RCA and I cannot use that with HDMI video. Also since Frys is selling HD movies for $4 I want an HD DVD Rom now and I dont want to watch a nice HD movie in 5.1 that offers 7.1.