SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

programming codes for remote control direct access commands

I am trying to program a RCE remote profile for Sage. Some commands in the manual don't have direct access commands. For example, the Media Library menu is Command #42. Unlike things like the Info button (command CTRL+i), this is a blank command.

I am trying to understand the Sage manual, namely page 259, but am having little luck.

If anyone has done this I'd appreciate a bone.

tanks
Old 10-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator

If you are teaching IR codes to SageTV for a command, simply learn the codes via the Link Command option in Detailed Setup. If you are assigning keystrokes to the remote's software, assign a corresponding keystroke to the command in SageTV via the same Link command process.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If you are teaching IR codes to SageTV for a command, simply learn the codes via the Link Command option in Detailed Setup. If you are assigning keystrokes to the remote's software, assign a corresponding keystroke to the command in SageTV via the same Link command process.

- Andy
that's the approach i was using - for example:

DVD key on MCE remote
Trying to teach it to call up the Media Menu in Sage (Command 42)

detailed setup/commands/link infrared
create command - for this argument I created Ctrl+L
Using LM Remote KeyMap to program a profile for the MCE remote, I entered "keystroke: ^L" (^ is used by that app to enter Ctlr command).

However, when I then hit the DVD key on the remote, the number "4" appears.
Hmmm - baffled.

thanks
Old 10-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Oh -- I guess "RCE" was a typo in the first post. I was wondering how an RCE remote worked.

You'll probably need more help with the remote software you are using.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh -- I guess "RCE" was a typo in the first post. I was wondering how an RCE remote worked.

- Andy
hehe - yup - too long staring at this screen! MCE is of course the correct answer. So you think my problem is understanding the remote software as opposed to my understanding of Sage's command infrared options? It seems relatively clear.

There was a selection in Sage for the MCE remote, but whenever I selected it, it caused Sage configuration window to go into a loop that required an uninstall - reinstall of Sage.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

- Andy
I have been looking on this site extensively...is it true that not all keys on the MCE remote work the same - aka - keyboard commands versus app commands, etc? Is that where my problem lies? I believe I read that in one of your posts...sound correct?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
is it true that not all keys on the MCE remote work the same - aka - keyboard commands versus app commands, etc?
Yes, and there are WM_INPUT commands too. Here is a page from MS: Using the Remote Control Device with Windows

If you are trying to remap any/every button, you need to stop using it as an MCE remote in SageTV & use the remote with other software that then sends commands to SageTV, which I think is what you are trying to do. I don't have an MCE remote and can't offer more comments on it, other than pointing you to the remote info sticky in this forum.

- Andy
Old 10-04-2008, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, and there are WM_INPUT commands too. Here is a page from MS: Using the Remote Control Device with Windows

If you are trying to remap any/every button, you need to stop using it as an MCE remote in SageTV & use the remote with other software that then sends commands to SageTV, which I think is what you are trying to do. I don't have an MCE remote and can't offer more comments on it, other than pointing you to the remote info sticky in this forum.

- Andy
thanks so far