SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelder View Post
I am having the same issue. The background on the Server is black instead of blue and on the Extender it is black as well, but also distorted. I tried the suggestion above about deleting the property files for the extender, but that did work. I would happy to send the log/debug files if you remind me where to find them.

Jim

I am having the same problem. Everything else is working great.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Sage User

I am having the same problem - black backgrounds and distorted interface on Sage and all my extenders using the new SageMC. I had the same problem with a previous upgrade of SageMC, and resolved it by using SageMC_6_3_7_b1.xml. If I use that one after the upgrade, however, I get the wrong jar file error message
Old 10-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Mike I know you probably are overwhelmed with people reporting issues. But, in case you didnt catch this already, there's a little problem with the OSD when there are movie posters.

When there's a channel logo (no movie poster available), the top OSD displays has a single respective translucent background which appears to be correct.

However, if there's a movie poster, there's this unnecessary secondary lighter translucent background being displayed which appears to be too big that doesnt match the logo-only OSD.

Maybe its because the poster/logo sizes are not correct?

This same issue is happening for me. However, it happens when I have the OSD set to show channel logo. I have IMDB Picture Option disabled. If I set the OSD Channel Logos to enabled the bigger box will show up at the top. If I disable the channel logo option the bigger box disappears.

The vi
Old 10-19-2008, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm still waiting for some property and debug log files...

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Sage User

Okay, I'm sure it's me not looking carefully enough, but where do I find the setting to control the opacity of the popup menus? The default setting is too translucent for my tastes (too much text from the background screens comes through).

Other than that, I've got zero complaints. Great work, SageMC gurus! You guys are teh awesome.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjrx0213 View Post
Okay, I'm sure it's me not looking carefully enough, but where do I find the setting to control the opacity of the popup menus? The default setting is too translucent for my tastes (too much text from the background screens comes through).
I just checked and it looks like it is currently hard coded. I'll add a setting for it. I'm sure we'll have a followup release in the next couple of weeks to address the issues that have been found.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I just checked and it looks like it is currently hard coded. I'll add a setting for it. I'm sure we'll have a followup release in the next couple of weeks to address the issues that have been found.

Aloha,
Mike
Outstanding. Thanks, Mike.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
This same issue is happening for me. However, it happens when I have the OSD set to show channel logo. I have IMDB Picture Option disabled. If I set the OSD Channel Logos to enabled the bigger box will show up at the top. If I disable the channel logo option the bigger box disappears.

The vi
I have attached my debug log and properties file. I first started Sage with the OSD Channel Logos and then I enabled them and changed a few channels.
Attached Files
File Type: txt properties.txt (51.4 KB, 160 views)
File Type: txt debug_log.txt (583.2 KB, 194 views)
Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Sage User

I figured out the cause of the black background and distortion. My dynamic menus were not working. I had a net/sf/sageplugins/sagemenu folder in my SageTV directory left over from a previous installation that prevented dynamic menus from working. Deleting this folder and restarting SageMC solved the problem.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
OK, I am not to familiar with the RSS Feed stuff, so bear with me.
I can specify a URL on my SageTV Client with no problem. When I try to specify a URL on my HD100 extender, there is only 0-9 and A-Z, . and space for typing it in. How do I get a / or other characters when I add a feed.
Also I looked for a place where RSS feeds are stored(to insert into the extender the back way), and can't find them on my SageTV client. So does anybody know where the feed names are stored in a config file etc..?\

Update:
Nevermind, I forgot you can switch between numeric and normal text input. I guess I switched it a while back.
I still would like to know where they are stored though.

Last edited by mikejaner; 10-19-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI -the Advanced Miniguide and Simple Miniguide are both updated now to work with 6.3.8. I preserved the old versions - so there are two new download pages for version 2.0 of both the AMG and SMG.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...hp?do=cat&id=2

btl.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Bug report

The new ver looks great! thank you!!

Small but annoying bug: whenever i return to the main menu (either by BACK or the green button) there appears a dialog box with no words just "OK" button in the middle. pressing OK makes it go away. But it appears again each time.

I am using both a client version and a ful sage install. It happens on both pc's. installd full MC package.

Ofer
Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stacking up UI

I installed the new version and now I am getting all UI elements that just keep stacking up...highlight, screen changes, everything...nothing ever goes away. I know this may not be a problem with SageMC, but how do I fix it!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
OK, I am not to familiar with the RSS Feed stuff, so bear with me.
I can specify a URL on my SageTV Client with no problem. When I try to specify a URL on my HD100 extender, there is only 0-9 and A-Z, . and space for typing it in. How do I get a / or other characters when I add a feed.
Also I looked for a place where RSS feeds are stored(to insert into the extender the back way), and can't find them on my SageTV client. So does anybody know where the feed names are stored in a config file etc..?\

Update:
Nevermind, I forgot you can switch between numeric and normal text input. I guess I switched it a while back.
I still would like to know where they are stored though.
I think everything is stored in ...\SageTV\news.dat

Extenders and Placeshifter clients just use the news.dat file on the server, so you can add feeds on the server and they should just show up on your extender. True clients have their own local files.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I think everything is stored in ...\SageTV\news.dat

Extenders and Placeshifter clients just use the news.dat file on the server, so you can add feeds on the server and they should just show up on your extender. True clients have their own local files.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks for the info. At first glance the .dat file is hard to decipher. It looks like it stores the headlines in there.

On the same note, I tried the Digg rss feed. It works on Sagetv Client on my laptop, but when I enter it in the extender, it just sticks on retrieving the data(I addressed this in another post at one point). Slashdot works on both, so I know the extender can get feeds. What engine does the RSS reader use by default? If it's IE, then I have version 6 on SageTV and 7 on my laptop.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Thanks for the info. At first glance the .dat file is hard to decipher. It looks like it stores the headlines in there.

On the same note, I tried the Digg rss feed. It works on Sagetv Client on my laptop, but when I enter it in the extender, it just sticks on retrieving the data(I addressed this in another post at one point). Slashdot works on both, so I know the extender can get feeds. What engine does the RSS reader use by default? If it's IE, then I have version 6 on SageTV and 7 on my laptop.
I think news.dat is a binary file, so you probably won't have much luck trying to edit it directly. The RSS functionality is ported from neilm's RSS plugin. I don't know how it gets the feeds, but it probably doesn't use an external browser. I would set up and get all of your feeds working directly on the server so you can take advantage of copy/paste with the clipboard. Then they should work fine on your extender. I actually copied my news.dat file from a client when I set up my new server and everything propagated just fine to my extenders.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
would set up and get all of your feeds working directly on the server so you can take advantage of copy/paste with the clipboard. Then they should work fine on your extender. I actually copied my news.dat file from a client when I set up my new server and everything propagated just fine to my extenders.
Gotcha Thanks,
Old 10-20-2008, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Could anyone who uses DVD Profiler check to see if the DVD Profiler import function in SageMC is working for them? I can't seem to get it to work with 6.3.8

UPDATE:
Never mind - I figured out what was wrong by digging through the SageTV Server log. My JavaHeap size was too low for the large movie library so it was causing a hang when I did the metadata import. I obviously hadn't tried a dvdprofiler import since installing the new server PC and erroneously thought it was related to the new version of SageMC. The fix involved increasing my javaheap size to 200 Hex in the registry.

Last edited by Brent; 10-20-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I have OSD channel logos enabled. It seems to work for a little while, then I get that bigger box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
I have attached my debug log and properties file. I first started Sage with the OSD Channel Logos and then I enabled them and changed a few channels.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

No Channel preview

Installed the full version of SageMC 6.3.8 on top of New SageTV software package 6.4.8 and now there's no "View" button in Channel or Source Setup so I can't verify each tuner is receiving every channel. Any Idea how to Fix.
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a

Last edited by Jetracers; 10-21-2008 at 05:47 AM. Reason: clarity