SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Did you try if the timeshift works in the default STV ?

Dirk
It works in both the default stv and sagemc, but if i timeshift a lot it will hang. Really, when it hangs I am stressing it to try to get it to hang it isn't exactly a real world situation. I'm just not sure why it is happening. Sorry to be off topic.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I enabled dynamic menus and set everything up. 6.3.8 is now working great. I imported google calendar stvi, and there was no calendar icon on the menu screen like I had when dynamic menus was disabled. Anyone know how to get the icon on the main menu screen? 6.3.8
Old 10-22-2008, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Mike, just curious if you got the information you need to debug this issue. If you would like, I can work getting you log files a well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
I have attached my debug log and properties file. I first started Sage with the OSD Channel Logos and then I enabled them and changed a few channels.

Originally Posted by Qusix
This same issue is happening for me. However, it happens when I have the OSD set to show channel logo. I have IMDB Picture Option disabled. If I set the OSD Channel Logos to enabled the bigger box will show up at the top. If I disable the channel logo option the bigger box disappears.

The vi

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
I enabled dynamic menus and set everything up. 6.3.8 is now working great. I imported google calendar stvi, and there was no calendar icon on the menu screen like I had when dynamic menus was disabled. Anyone know how to get the icon on the main menu screen? 6.3.8
The google calender import is in desperate need of a compatibility update. I'm planning on getting to that in the next couple of weeks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-22-2008, 05:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hey Mike, just curious if you got the information you need to debug this issue. If you would like, I can work getting you log files a well...

Originally Posted by Qusix
This same issue is happening for me. However, it happens when I have the OSD set to show channel logo. I have IMDB Picture Option disabled. If I set the OSD Channel Logos to enabled the bigger box will show up at the top. If I disable the channel logo option the bigger box disappears.

The vi
I know what the issue is. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
The google calender import is in desperate need of a compatibility update. I'm planning on getting to that in the next couple of weeks.

Aloha,
Mike
No Hurry. Thanks for all your work on this. It is working great!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Upgrade Question and problems

Is it necessary to upgrade to SageTV software package v6.4.8 before using this sageMC. Because im currently having problems such as:
1.) clicking on detailed setup brings up blank screen
2.) when rewinding or pausing or anything like that the time bar doesn't display
3.) when clicking the middle button on remote it brings up the screen with program info ect... which is fine however it has capture single frame where toggle full screen is supposed or used to be.
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a
Old 10-22-2008, 09:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
Is it necessary to upgrade to SageTV software package v6.4.8 before using this sageMC.
Yes. You must have SageTV 6.4.8 installed before upgrading the SageMC add-on
Old 10-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm obviously missing something here as I'm not sure I'm following either of you.
Yes, you are. I don't need or want DM, I just want it to work as before. DM is a pain to set up and without any advantage to me.

I don't care if other people use it, that's nice for them, but I don't want to be forced into using it.

Does this mean the issue when not using DM will not be fixed?

Regards,

Nick.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Yes, you are. I don't need or want DM, I just want it to work as before. DM is a pain to set up and without any advantage to me.

I don't care if other people use it, that's nice for them, but I don't want to be forced into using it.

Does this mean the issue when not using DM will not be fixed?

Regards,

Nick.
That's enough. It'll be fixed. Any more fighting and everyone gets a time out.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 10-23-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
That's enough. It'll be fixed. Any more fighting and everyone gets a time out.
Thank you. BTW, it does work if you enable then disable DM (until the next GUI restart).

Regards,

Nick.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi All,

Once again - thanks for the great work with SageMC. Like others here I suspect I would not have converted to Sage without it. You should ask Sage for commision

I've not yet made the plunge into the new update. Given that it seems that various bugs have been found and are planned to be fixed is it worth waiting until I upgrade? How long is it likely to be for a maintenance build - if it is likely to be less than a month I'm inclined to wait...

Thanks again!
T
Old 10-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been trying to follow this thread but I don't know if my last problem got a fix:

In the MY MENU screen I loose the bkgrnd image for a black bkgrnd.
Any way to solve this?
Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormadearmy View Post
Hi All,

Once again - thanks for the great work with SageMC. Like others here I suspect I would not have converted to Sage without it. You should ask Sage for commision

I've not yet made the plunge into the new update. Given that it seems that various bugs have been found and are planned to be fixed is it worth waiting until I upgrade? How long is it likely to be for a maintenance build - if it is likely to be less than a month I'm inclined to wait...

Thanks again!
T
Make the jump to the new version. You shouldn't have any problems, if you download the full version, shutdown SageTV, extract it(make sure it overwrites everything), start SageTV and Switch to it from the Stock STV.
Mike
Old 10-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilek View Post
I had the same problem, but enabling Core Animations in SageMC Settings fixed it. But now I'm stuck with those slow animations. :-)

btw I've also got the black background issue. Which seems to be replaced by the live tv preview. ( in other words I when playing a video file and going back to the main menu, the whole background becomes te preview window)

Emile
I fixed the problem by blowing away everything related to SageMC or any other STVi from my Sage.properties file and completely deleting anything SageMC related and reinstalling SageMC fresh. This caused me to have to redo settings and customizations, but everything is working now. I think over the years of piling up SageMC and STVi's things just got too out of hand and it was time for a fresh install.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Guys,

FYI, I just posted a patch to address the background problems here.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Sage User

I just installed 6.3.8 full version.

Now my sage TV does not work at all. Well it launches but I can no longer watch TV. If I go to watch Live TV the windows is black with a gray bar at the top. My HDHR tuner does not show either tuner is active (No LED's light up other than power).

Does this mean I need to completely re-install Sage now?
Old 10-24-2008, 02:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I just installed 6.3.8 full version.

Now my sage TV does not work at all. Well it launches but I can no longer watch TV. If I go to watch Live TV the windows is black with a gray bar at the top. My HDHR tuner does not show either tuner is active (No LED's light up other than power).

Does this mean I need to completely re-install Sage now?
I have no idea what you did, but to get back to the default STV follow these instructions:
  1. Exit SageTV
  2. Open your sage.properties (or sageclient.properties if you are on a client or are running SageTV as a service) file in the SageTV folder.
  3. Look for the line that defines the STV to be loaded. (STV= ...\SageMC_169.xml)
  4. Change SageMC_169.xml to SageTV3.xml
  5. Save the file
  6. Restart SageTV.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Sage User

That reset the UI back to the way it was but it was still hosed so I re-installed. Now its working again with your UI too. Now if I could just figure out how to make the boarder transparent and the guide come up with my MCE remote and I will be all set.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Make the jump to the new version. You shouldn't have any problems, if you download the full version, shutdown SageTV, extract it(make sure it overwrites everything), start SageTV and Switch to it from the Stock STV.
Mike
Ok - you persuaded me. I made the jump. It just worked fine!
Now is time to try out other people's layouts (I've not a creative bone in my body - anything I try look truely aweful )

Thanks!
T