SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:47 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
It seems I found a minor but annoying bug. I am starting to venture in commercial detection, and I have Comskip in the SageTV dir etc... All it well so far on the detecting side of things. Every time I go to watch a show, I see the commercial segments highlighted, and having enabled the Autoskip Commercials in SageMC, I expect them to be skipped, but they don't. Every time I go to watch a new show, I notice when I hit Options that Autoskip Commercials is set to disabled. I have to enable it every time I start watching a different show.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

Hi Mike. I wonder if it could be due to a compatibility thing. At one time, there were only two options, you setup the setting in Setup>>SageMC>>Enhancements>>Comm Auto Skip to either enabled or disabled (this is/was a global setting). Then, while watching a show, you could hit the options button, and change the setting for that instance, once that show was over, everything defaulted back to the global setting.

Now, each favorite has an option of turning on or off comm auto skip, so I wonder if this somehow broke the global setting?

Might need more insight from Dirk or Mike on this one.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
It seems I found a minor but annoying bug. I am starting to venture in commercial detection, and I have Comskip in the SageTV dir etc... All it well so far on the detecting side of things. Every time I go to watch a show, I see the commercial segments highlighted, and having enabled the Autoskip Commercials in SageMC, I expect them to be skipped, but they don't. Every time I go to watch a new show, I notice when I hit Options that Autoskip Commercials is set to disabled. I have to enable it every time I start watching a different show.
Try moving or renaming

...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\comskip.def

and then restart the SageTV UI. As Jason suggested, the format changed a few versions back and the old version could be hanging around causing problems.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 10-24-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Sage User

Music, Song Title Problems Persists

Brewston wrote:
In the music playback window, the display only ever shows the first track in the queue. You need to press (i) information button to toggle between album art and detailed description to move it on. I'm pretty sure Dirk acknowledged this in a post once, I think the bug was introduced in a latter release as I'm sure it used to work fine.

Flachbar wrote:
I found the issue, the title update got lost when we introduced the new animations. Will be fixed in the next version.

I am still experiencing this problem. Anyone else? Any solutions?

Last edited by CPA; 10-24-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA View Post
Brewston wrote:
In the music playback window, the display only ever shows the first track in the queue. You need to press (i) information button to toggle between album art and detailed description to move it on. I'm pretty sure Dirk acknowledged this in a post once, I think the bug was introduced in a latter release as I'm sure it used to work fine.

Flachbar wrote:
I found the issue, the title update got lost when we introduced the new animations. Will be fixed in the next version.

I am still experiencing this problem. Anyone else? Any solutions?
Just checked and the issue still seems to be there for me. I worked around it by having the screensaver kick in quickly as it shows the album art and the track details
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 10-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
I am new to both SageMC AND Commercial Skipping. I started SageMC at 6.3.7a-fix (or something like that), so I probably don't have any extra "junk" laying around. After "upgrading" to SageMC 6.3.8, I installed comskip in SageTV\SageTV. The Autoskip seems to be working as expected for me. I have it enabled through the Settings:SageMC:Enhancements:Global:Comskip:Auto Skip (or something like that). Now, when I'm watching a program and I activate the options menu, I have the option to disable auto skipping and it works as expected.

What's not working as expected for me is the background processing. I had enabled it, but when I was experimenting with different things and shutting down Sage, it appeared that the comskip process would prevent Sage from exiting. So, I disabled the background processing and was going to look into using Comskip Monitor instead. But, when I tried installing it, I got a warning that it was trying to change some firewall settings. I didn't think it should be doing that, so I aborted the install. What's happening now, is that comskip does run in the background when Sage is running - even though I disabled it!? Which is ok, now that it's processed all my existing recordings. But it appears that the disabling may not work? Unless something got horked up when I aborted the Comskip Monitor install? But I only see the comskip process come and go when Sage is running, and I don't see any services that appear to be related to Comskip Monitor.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
I have been trying to follow this thread but I don't know if my last problem got a fix:

In the MY MENU screen I loose the bkgrnd image for a black bkgrnd.
Any way to solve this?
Anyone can help on this?

Also from time to time I loose the selection graphics. The selection still moves but no graphic indication. I have to restart the app to get it back.

PLEASE HELP
Old 10-25-2008, 03:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Anyone can help on this?

Also from time to time I loose the selection graphics. The selection still moves but no graphic indication. I have to restart the app to get it back.

PLEASE HELP
Look 3 posts down from your quoted post.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Look 3 posts down from your quoted post.

SORRY missed tat one... of course it fixed the prob.

Can you help with the second thing: loosing the selection bar graphics?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can you help with the second thing: loosing the selection bar graphics?
I haven't seen that problem. Could you give a detailed description of it and how to reproduce it? Does it happen in a specific screen?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the new release!

I am having a couple of issues, though.

1. Two of my custom submenus work intermittently. I have a custom Options menu and a custom Videos menu. They were working fine under the previous Sage / SageMC. Now when I select them, the system hesitates for about 3 seconds then jumps to the topmost main menu item (Television on my theme). However, if I reload the dynamic menu file, I can select one of the problem menus fine, but only once, before it stops letting me access it. Same goes if I start something (live TV, a recorded TV program, etc.) - it will then let me go into one of the problem menus just once.

I have tried deleting and recreating the submenus, but when I recreate them, I can't get into them to populate them because it immediately refuses to let me in the menu, doing the bounce back to television thing.

Here is the screen shot of my main menu.

I have attached the client log, my dynamic menu file, and my current layout file.

This is a stand-alone box attached straight to the TV, running in client / server mode.

2. Minor: The old problem of core animations being choppy or intermittent when video is playing is better, but still very prevalent.

Any input on problem 1 would be welcome!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (65.7 KB, 187 views)
File Type: zip TimzTV2_Menu.zip (1,009 Bytes, 193 views)
File Type: zip TimzTV 2 071108.zip (3.3 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by TBacker; 10-26-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I haven't seen that problem. Could you give a detailed description of it and how to reproduce it? Does it happen in a specific screen?

Aloha,
Mike
The client is on all the time. Usually it is in the MY VIDEOS screen. The problem happens when the client is unattended and after the ScreenSaver was on. The selection bar simply dissapears. I see the selection moving because the header changes and pressing the OK does work. But the bar graphics isn't there.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Sage User

Like everyone else, thanks for the update!

Thought I'd mention a couple minor issues:

1) If I apply a filter to the guide (options:filter guide:sports event), then select a program to view the details, the guide is empty when I go back. Clicking 'back' again repopulates the guide, but it's not filtered anymore.

2) Parallel view doesn't show any padding I have applied to my favorites. Fortunately, any conflicts caused by padding are detected and the padding is shown on the conflict details page.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Just thought I'd post a thanks for your support and posting the background fix, and DM aren't so bad once you get use to them.

Thanks "MeInMaui"

-Skybolt
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

I set the screensaver to blank screen but when it activated I am seeing a blank screen with text "Untitled" at the bottom.

How do I get rid of that annoying text??

Thank you
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I set the screensaver to blank screen but when it activated I am seeing a blank screen with text "Untitled" at the bottom.

How do I get rid of that annoying text??

Thank you
Bill
Disable the ticker during the screensaver in the ticker options under Settings >> SageMC >> Enhancements

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Disable the ticker during the screensaver in the ticker options under Settings >> SageMC >> Enhancements

Aloha,
Mike

That fixes it!

Thank you for the quick reply!
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 10-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can someone (MeInMaui?) confirm that my dynamic menu issue (see post) is a bug in SageMC?

Every time I try to access the custom sub menus that won't load, the error log shows these messages:

Sun 10/26 9:59:24.494 ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!
Sun 10/26 9:59:24.495 ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!
Sun 10/26 9:59:24.495 ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!
Sun 10/26 9:59:24.496 BeforeMenuLoad Dynamic Menu

Yet the menus used to work in 6.3.7a, and work occasionally in 6.3.8.

My next test will be to shut off all animations and see if I get the menus to work 100% of the time.

Thanks for any input......
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBacker View Post
Can someone (MeInMaui?) confirm that my dynamic menu issue (see post) is a bug in SageMC?

Every time I try to access the custom sub menus that won't load, the error log shows these messages:

Sun 10/26 9:59:24.494 ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!
Sun 10/26 9:59:24.496 BeforeMenuLoad Dynamic Menu

Yet the menus used to work in 6.3.7a, and work occasionally in 6.3.8.

My next test will be to shut off all animations and see if I get the menus to work 100% of the time.

Thanks for any input......
Those are harmless errors. Don't worry about them. I'll take a look at your files and see if I can come up with anything.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Sage User

I've skimmed through this thread and didn't see a mention of the problem I'm having. If it's been addressed already I apologize. I have SageMC installed and everything appears to work correctly except for one major problem. I have several favorites with padding at the end (I always add 1 hour for sports). In the default STV these recordings are being scheduled and recorded correctly. When I switch to SageMC it's not honoring the padding. Has anyone else seen this problem?