SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Recorded TV folders using Placeshifter or Client

When running Placeshifter on my LAN I can only see SageTV recordings that are on my Z drive which is an archive drive that is accessible to both the Sage MC machine and the Placeshifter client - I cannot see recordings that are stored on the local drives of the Sage MC machine - is this the way that things should be?

If it is then what do I have to do to be able to see SageTV recordings on clients? Should I use UNC naming? Or should I map my local drive to a higher letter (i.e. M) and map all clients to this drive as well?

Is this any different for SageClient vs. Placeshifter? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean about only being able to see certain recordings. All recordings should be listed on the SageTV Recordings menu -- where exactly are you not seeing them?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:16 PM
SageTVaholic

In the Placeshifter client on my laptop (while I am connected over my LAN) I only see recordings that are stored on the Z: drive (which is a mapped drive from my WHS) of my Sage MC machine - not recordings stored on the local drives (F: and G. The Z: drive is also mapped to the laptop.

I vaugely remember reading that you have to have the same drive mappings on clients as on the Sage MC PC - but I could be mistaken.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Administrator

But, what do you mean by 'see'? They aren't listed in SageTV? They are listed but they won't play?

Drive mappings would have no effect on whether any type of client has them listed on the SageTV Recordings menu. Drive mappings can affect whether a client can play the file directly or has to stream it via the server. However, I don't think that matters on a Placeshifter client unless it added direct access to its abilities for a LAN connection & I either didn't hear about it or forgot about it.

If they aren't listed in SageTV at all, that sounds more like the server lost access to the files somehow, or you somehow started with a fresh properties file and/or wiz.bin and those files aren't seen by SageTV at all or are imported videos.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

I tried running Placeshifter from two other PCs in my house and it was fine - all recordings were visible. So it must have been a problem with this one specific client - my laptop.

So I tried rebooting the laptop and I saw all files but after I go into SageTV Recordings after about 1 second the whole Placeshifter app dies and I go back to the Placeshifter login screen. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Placeshifter and now it is finally working correctly.

On further reflection I think the problem that I had might have been caused by using the Archived filter. I never consciously use the filters so I am not used to even looking for the filter button status.

Last edited by wayner; 10-20-2008 at 03:33 PM.