SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-24-2008, 02:02 AM

Unhappy Unable to delete or edit scheduled recording

I have fresh clean SageTV install. Setuped source and I am able to see the program.

I setuped scheduled recordings:
1. 19:00 - 19:45 weekly (spec days: mon, tue, wed, thu, fri)
2. 19:00 - 19:15 weekly (spec days: mon, tue, wed, thu, fri)
3. 21:45 - 22:00 weekly (spec days: mon, tue, wed, thu, fri)

Problem is that I have recording conflict and unable to delete a scheduled recording. If I delete 1st, it apeears again. If I delete 2nd - it appears again.
About editing scheduled recording (windows had abillity to edit created sheduler from 3.1 version).

Is here a solution or abillity to edit/delete scheduled recordings without reinstalling SageTV?
Old 10-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Administrator

These are timed recordings, right? How are you trying to remove them?

In the Recording Schedule menu, you should be able to select one, choose Record Options -> Cancel this Recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am seeing the same issue, Timed Recording set to reoccur once a week. It will not delete using instructions above or as explained in SAGE user manual
Old 10-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Administrator

I wasn't able to reproduce it when I tried some recurring timed recordings... I suggest contacting support to see what they suggest.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Sage User

Unhappy

I am having this same issue.
I created a timed recording on specific days (T/W/TH), realized it was the wrong channel, then tried to delete (using the suggested/standard method)... it didn't work.
So I tried creating the "proper" recording (same time, correct channel), hoping it would somehow jog Sage into dropping the original.
That didn't work either... Still couldn't delete, and now I had a recording conflict.
But wait, it gets even BETTER!
My wife informed me that the time was incorrect as well, so I created a NEW recording, now with the proper channel, AND the proper time. However, this overlaps with the both the previous "proper" channel, as well as the original "bad channel, bad time".
So now I have a cluster"fun" of recurring timed recording conflicts, NONE of which can be deleted.
If someone could put me out of my misery, it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:29 PM

I know I'm bumping a really old thread here, but did anyone find a fix to the above issue? Been using sagetv a while but just began using the timed recording functionality and it's broken. I'm using version 6.5.9 and would rather not upgrade as my setup is finally working correctly. Thanks!

Last edited by seinfeldaddict7; 12-09-2010 at 04:33 PM.