SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Sage User

IR Solutions

I'm thinking about making the jump to Linux for my Sage server - XP is driving me nuts. Anyway, I've read that the IR-Blaster on the HD-PVR does not work with the Linux drivers. So, which IR system should I get? I see that USB-UIRT is pretty popular and CommandIR seems to get good reviews. Any others I should consider?

One specific question about CommandIR: their website spends most of it's time talking about MythTV, which I gave up on long ago. How well does CommandIR integrate into SageTV? Specifically, is it just a matter of selecting it in the config menu once everything is installed? Thanks.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I am a VERY HAPPY Command IR II user with 3 DCT-700s and a QIP 6200. I am using a tuner plugin from another forum user which has not been released, but I am willing to help if you need it. I think my blog has some info on what I did.

B