SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Multiple tuners using the same lineup

I currently have two sources set up using the same lineup. One source is a Hauppauge PVR-150 hooked up to a SD STB for SD channels exclusively. The other source is a HD-PVR hooked up to an HD channel box that I plan to use for HD channels exclusively - therefore I want to select different channels for each tuner.

As I understand it you have two options when you have two sources using the same lineup:
  1. Use the same channels as other sources using this lineup
  2. Copy the Channels to a new lineup
Option 1 means that you can't enable/disable channels just for a specific source so that doesn't work for me. The problem with channel 2 is that it is static - it doesn't add new channels to the second source.

Why can't Sage let you use the same lineup in two sources but with different channels enabled or disabled?

(Note I think that I can get around this by using another lineup that is pretty much the same as mine - my correct lineup is Rogers Cable Inc Digital -Toronto (Scarborough) but I can use the Rogers Cable Inc Digital -(Toronto (Metro)) lineup for the HD source which is exactly the same in the digital range but slightly different in the analog range . But why do I have to do this workaround?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Sage Expert

If you're an STB user with direct channel tuning I can see why you'd prefer having the lineup automatically updated. This might be a request to the SageTV v7 wishlist.

While we ATSC/QAM Tuner users hate the update feature, at least we have the option of turning automatic updates off.