SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Full Screen mode does not use whole screen

I am new to SageTV and just installed it.
My TV is a Mitsubishi 1080p DLP. When I run the SageTV UI on that screen in full screen mode, it fills the left 7/8 of the screen. There is a black border on the right side. I was able to re-size the UI to fit in the "active area" using the resizing controls in SageTV, but something is clearly not right.

The Windows desktop fills the whole HDTV screen. Even when SageTV is running full screen, I can see the mouse pointer when I move it in the black area at the right side.

What is causing this and how do I get SageTV to use the whole screen?

PS - I have a forum search question: How do I search for a phrase? When I enter "full screen" the forum search returns all threads containing either the word "full" or the word "screen".
Old 11-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Is Windows set up using multiple monitors and one is wider than the other? Close or put SageTV to sleep in the system tray while its window is on the one where you wan to use it, then restart it or wake it frmo the system tray.

And, the forum search is fairly basic. Maybe one of these days we'll get around to trying its alternative search mode.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, the computer's LCD monitor is 1680x1050. 1920 - 1680 = 240, which is about the width of the black area. So somehow SageTV is deciding to use the computer monitor's resolution, even when maximized on the HDTV screen?

I tried minimizing and maximizing it while on the HDTV screen. No effect. I tried sleep (clicking the moon icon in the SageTV UI), which starts a screen saver, but did not restore back to using the whole screen.

I have not tried shutting it down and restarting yet. Right now it is recording something. Do I need to copy a shortcut to the HDTV desktop? The Start menu is on the computer's screen, and that is where I normally start SageTV from. If it is started from the Start menu, does it get locked into the computer monitor's resolution? That seems like a bug to me...

So far, the service option is not working for me. When I enable Service mode, it fails all the video playback tests. So I have not tried it in service mode to see if it will use the full HDTV screen.

Is there any setting to specify (override) the desktop size to get the full 1920 x 1080?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Shut it down on the monitor you want to run it from, then restart it.

If you want to be able to move it to either monitor, then you need to reset the window after moving it -- disabling/re-enabling 3D Acceleration may do it, but then that will also disable VMR9. You can simply put it to sleep in the system tray & wake it again -- this is not the same as putting it into screen saver mode; take it out of full screen mode to sleep it in the system tray w/o disabling the full-screen screen-saver. And, minimize/maximize does nothing for this.

If playback fails when using service mode, then maybe you customized some playback related property in sage.properties; if so, do the same customization in SageClient.properties, since that is what the UI uses in service mode.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Sage User

Mine is doing the same thing but I do not have two monitors, just a TV. It only shows the black bar when it comes out of screen saver mode. If i exit full screen mode and then enter full screen mode it will use the whole TV again until it goes back to sleep. Any ideas?
Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 PM

I'm experiencing the same problem. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this yet?
Old 03-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

This has not been fixed yet. It is still a problem with the .11 beta. I did report the issue as a bug in a previous beta.

You have to move the SageTV interface onto the screen where you want to use it, put it to sleep, and then bring it out of sleep. It is a bit inconvenient - I don't know of a way to do the procedure from only an IR remote (IE you have to get up and use the computer's mouse/keyboard)

It would be wonderful if SageTV had a setting for "preferred screen", which would automatically open the UI on the HDTV screen (if enabled) whenever it comes out of sleep. Short of that, it would be nice to just fix the problem so it correctly sizes the UI for the screen it is restoring to.
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.

Last edited by timg11; 03-07-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Sage User

Screen resizing.

I am also having this problem with the newest beta.
Screen seems to resize itself everytime I move between menus and
back to live TV. I put it in standby mode, restore and its's fine again.
A fix would be nice
Old 05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
And, the forum search is fairly basic. Maybe one of these days we'll get around to trying its alternative search mode.

- Andy
Not to Threadjack, but, Please please please.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Yes, search

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
Quote:

- Andy
Not to Threadjack, but, Please please please.
The General forum has a sticky: Forum Search method has been changed
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I posted another thread containing a work-around for this problem:
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

thanks

Quote:
The General forum has a sticky: Forum Search method has been changed
Thank you. I missed that. One request for the future: Might it be possible to show the relavant threads, not just the parent topic. When a topic is several pages long it can be difficult to find the info one is looking for.

Thanks again for all your work,
Nick

Last edited by nick_l; 06-02-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
One request for the future: Might it be possible to show the relavant threads, not just the parent topic. When a topic is several pages long it can be difficult to find the info one is looking for.
You should check out all the options on the search page -- that would be the radio button choice for "Threads" or "Posts" after the option title "Show Results As" on the search page. Or, you can use "Search this Thread" at the top of the page while viewing a thread.

- Andy
Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

DUH

Quote:
You should check out all the options on the search page -- that would be the radio button choice for "Threads" or "Posts" after the option title "Show Results As" on the search page. Or, you can use "Search this Thread" at the top of the page while viewing a thread.

- Andy
Well, don't I feel stupid. Right in front of my face. Thanks for the help.

Nick