SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Problems Setting Up HVR-2250

I received my 2250 a couple of days ago and installed it. I added the first tuner as analog without problem. When I went to add the second tuner, also as analog I got picture and no sound. In addition, a weird thing is now going on in the channel setup screen. Before I would click a channel to preview it and the correct channel would display and show the correct channel number. Now I click, for example, to preview channel 9 PBS, but Channel 50 will display and the channel identifier will be something else. If I select to preview the same channel again the correct identifier shows. Somehow it still seems to tune and record the correct channels but this is weird.

When I put in my card it seemed like the bracket may have had an angle to it. I've had this problem with graphics cards that aren't straight and pop up just enough when screwed all the way down to cause problems. I did go back in and it really isn't flush so I loosened the screw and made sure the card was properly seated but still no sound on the second tuner.

When I tested by recording six things at once the 2250's tuner 2 had problems. I kept getting error messages then when the recordings finished the one from tuner 2 would give the error and no recording would be there. All recordings from tuner 1 on the 2250 are perfectly fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I forgot to mention that it is install in an pci-e x16 slot. It's all I have available on this board. Shouldn't be a problem though, right?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

OK, you need to say what versions on SagaTV and what versions of the 2250 drivers you used.

I used the current ones for the 2250 on the web site.

If you aren't using the latest beta of SageTV you also need to install this fix:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36360

Note the properties fix. Most people miss it.

PCI-e 16x will work fine.

I'd install the SageTV "fix" above, run HCW clear, and reinstall all the Hauppauge drivers.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for your help. It's very difficult to determine what drivers Hauppauge is using so I redownloaded them from the site. I applied the SageTV fixes and the second tuner is working now. I did some test recordings and discovered a lineup issue that I'm fixing. After that I will try setting up qam on the 2250. I have toyed with it, but every time I select the digital tuner it sticks at the preview window and never shows anything. I think I'm going to have problems with that one.
Also a note, the hcwclear doesn't work completely on the 2250. It gave me an error that it couldn't delete one of the registry entries. After rebooting both the 1600 & 1800 were unrecognized in device manager with the usual yellow question mark. The 2250 was recognized but broken showing the yellow exclamation and windows asked me to install the cd from Hauppauge to fix it.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Sage User

I also get stuck on the preview side when trying to add the digital tuner on my HVR2250. I am pretty sure I've tried every trick in the book mentioned on this forum. I have been lucky getting QAM in Vista Media Center however and guess I may have to just live with that for a while.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've had problems with the qam so may not be much help. Even though nothing will show on the preview, I added it anyway. After doing the channel scan it seemed to work. I took it out, though, because I am having lots of issues with qam in general and only find analog to be reliable. Just continue on and see if it works anyway.

On a separate note, I do not like the picture quality on the analog recordings. It is noticeably inferior to both my 1600 & 1800. Anyone else notice this?