SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Sage User

Reliable EPG?

In short:
SageTV: 6.4.8.184
Java: 1.6.0_10
SageMC: 6.3.8
I'm trying to get EPG data for digital OTA in Pittsburgh.

I use:
- "Use US, Canada, or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source"
- Select the OTA Pittsburgh digital Broadcast
- I'm asked to scan but decide not to because I'm way to afraid to screw things up because of my past experiences with SageTV.
- I discover the channels are not what they should be. (ie: Two of the PBS channels are mapped to the same physical channel)
- I go back to the channel setup and remove one but it doesn't remove the first time and I try again.
- If I dare try to use the remap feature I could end up getting it to work but ONLY to find out that the guide doesn't update two weeks later.
- By the time two weeks comes I finally discover what I did was wrong and I have no idea what I did. And I wind of repeating the same mistake (actually it's not my mistake).
- This is now the third time I had to go in and rebuild my channel setup (after missing some shows again).

Question:
What is the most reliable way to get a decent EPG. The EPG from the channels themselves aren't good enough.

Question:
Has anyone hacked SageTV to force it to look at the correct physical channel while maintaining the Zap2It guide?

UPDATE: (The problem after an hour of studying it)
1. Get the EPG guide data for Pittsburgh
2. The WQED channels are not correctly mapped to the physical channels
3. I change the "physical channel number" to 13-1, 13-2, 13-3
4. The "view" button does NOT show the correct channel
5. The guide shows the correct channel for only one of them.

If I ever get this mapped correctly I'm sure it will stop updating the EPG and I'll be back here again. Am I missing any magic?

Last edited by voidstar; 12-06-2008 at 09:49 PM.