SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow STV Import: Delete & Set Watched

This STVi import provides a small modification to the Delete Confirmation dialog. It adds a new button: "Delete & Set Watched" to to the available options. This new button will mark the show as watched and then proceed with deleting the file.

In my system, I have noticed many times a TV show will get recorded that I have seen before, so I wanted a quick and convenient option to mark the show as "Watched" so that it would not be recorded in the future and to delete the file from my system.

More Information is located on the DOWNLOADS page
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 12-07-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

That's awesome, I often set watched and then delete manually. One less step...
Old 12-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

wow, I never realized that that functionality had never ported into the stock UI. I thought it was included in the multi-stop import.

I love that functionality in SageMC.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

I've been meaning to try SageMC but I've never gotten around to it. I've been using the stock UI for years, until I recently added the IMDB plugin...
Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nice job!

Another step to making the product more streamlined! Especially for me since I use WinDVD to play most videos, but still want to set the Watched status and delete them in Sage.

Any chance that the new option "Delete & Set Watched" could be moved to the FIRST location instead of location 2 being it will be the most used selection for those that load it?

Is this something that I could do by using Notepad on the STVi file?

thanks shadeblue, john
Old 12-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmdxtv View Post
Any chance that the new option "Delete & Set Watched" could be moved to the FIRST location instead of location 2 being it will be the most used selection for those that load it?

Is this something that I could do by using Notepad on the STVi file?

thanks shadeblue, john

Absolutely!

(with the import already installed)

1.) Open SageTV Studio (CTRL-SHIFT-F12)
2.) Select EDIT, then FIND ALL
3.) Enter the search string "Delete & Set Watched"
4.) Now, scroll down in the Studio editor and find the highlighted node: "Delete & Set Watched"
5.) Select the node, right-click and select MOVE UP
6.) Now save your modified STV file and that should do it !

-SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 12-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the info SB. This will be my first use of Studio - I'm looking forward to it.

best, john
Old 06-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying to figure out how to get this to work in the current SageTV Beta ...

I have been thankful for this plugin ...
I remove commercials and this makes things so much easier ...

It seems to not work when I add the Stvi to the current SageTV beta ...
It doesn't pop up at the end of recordings anymore on my SageTVClient

and I was curious if it were to start working is there a way to add an option for "do not delete and set watched"

I'll try importing it a few more times (on a fresh STV) to see if it starts working again .

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 06-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

it's working now ... but having do not delete and set watched might be good

I reverted to the original and reimported ...
reverted and reimported
rebooted and reverted and reimported and it works on the delete command now

Now to try and figure out how to get both
"Do not delete and Set Watched" and
"Delete and Set Watched"
on the dialog at the end of playing a SageTV recording ...

Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 PM
SageTVaholic

This doesn't appear to be working anymore with the latest betas. Every show that I deleted and set watched appear as not watched and records again. I deleted and set watched using this STVI. I then went to the viewing history looked uo the show and the watched flag is not on.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-09-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Guys,

I'm guessing that the core STV probably had some updates that will require modification in this plug-in to support. I will look into this issue as soon as I have some free time :-)

Thanks, SB
Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101 View Post
I have been thankful for this plugin ...
I remove commercials and this makes things so much easier ...

It seems to not work when I add the Stvi to the current SageTV beta ...
It doesn't pop up at the end of recordings anymore on my SageTVClient

and I was curious if it were to start working is there a way to add an option for "do not delete and set watched"

I'll try importing it a few more times (on a fresh STV) to see if it starts working again .

Thanks for your time,
Bobby

Hi Bobby,

I started looking into this plugin's issues today and wanted to clarify a couple of things. It is not designed to automatically popup at the end of a recorded show. There is a default built-in default STV menu that is displayed when a recording ends. Typically when a show is completed it will automatically be set as WATCHED. So there really isn't a need to display this custom option of "Delete and set watched" at this point. Also for this reason, I don't think that the "Do Not Delete and Set Watched" feature request is needed because if you choose not to delete the recording, it should already be marked as WATCHED.

This plugin is displayed only when the Delete option is selected from the recordings listings.

There is a Multi-function Stop plugin if you want more control when pressing the Stop button. See: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11603

It would be nice to have a Delete & Set Watched on the Multi-Function Stop Menu as well, maybe I can create another STVi to add this.

Thanks, SB
Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
This doesn't appear to be working anymore with the latest betas. Every show that I deleted and set watched appear as not watched and records again. I deleted and set watched using this STVI. I then went to the viewing history looked uo the show and the watched flag is not on.
Hi nyplayer,

I am seeing the same results here. The recording are not being set as watched. I started digging into the issue and when I comment out the code that deletes the recording the set watched part works fine. So it must be some kind of a timing issue, so this will take a little more research. I also could just be a defect issue introduced in the recent BETA builds. I will probably submit a defect on the issue and see what SageTV says about the problem.

Thanks - SB
Old 06-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Administrator

I just tried selecting the "Delete & Set Watched" option from the pop-up deletion dialog in the malore menus and that worked fine. You could look at that code to see how yours differs. And, if you have a situation that also doesn't work in the dialog I mentioned, I would like to know.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

Can anyone make this compatible with the latest SageTV version and the plug-in system? This is one that I would really like to have back in my Sage system.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 12-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

There's a couple of alternatives for getting this function.
1. Install the the Multi Function Stop plugin
2. Enabling the hidden extras see here and then setting "Use Enhanced Recording Deltion Confirmation Dialog" to Always in Setup / Detailed Setup / Customize

John