SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I downloaded the TV pack and the movie pack and Fanart works for me for shows under MyTV, both for TV shows and recorded movies. However under MyVideos it does not appear to be working, although I do seem to get the Fanart template with the DVD cover shown in the lower left and the title bar along the top. Any ideas what is wrong? (Note that for several of my movies the filenames are the same - i.e. chicago.avi for the movie and chicago.jpg for the photo)
Old 12-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Guys,

Please give this one a shot. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
How can I load the debug version and where is the debug log generated?

Ben
Old 12-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Sage Expert

TV Fanart works great, but Movie Fanart is problematic (for me). I can get it to work if I specify each individual folder that my videos are in as an import folder. However, if I specify the root video folder as the import folder, Fanart won't work. The problem with the former option is all of my movies are no longer broken into folders in the Sage filesystem view - not a good solution. For now I have copied each individual coverage JPG into the movie folder and renamed it <filename>_background.jpg.

Here's my folder layout:
D:\Movies1
0-My DVDs (Each DVD is in it's own folder)
1-Vicki's Movies (Ripped MKV's all in one folder)
2-HD Movies (Ripped MKV's all in one folder)
3-TV Shows (Each TV show is in it's own folder)

E:\Movies2
0-My DVDs
3-TV Shows
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-20-2008, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

White94Cobra,

What version of SageMC are you using, the 6.3.8a release or the debug version I posted?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Sage Expert

Release
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-20-2008, 04:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
Release
Try loading up this one and let me know how it goes.

If you still have problems, enable debug logging and post the log file here. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Sage Expert

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

If you still have problems, enable debug logging and post the log file here. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
That seemed to fix it for most of them. There are still a few that won't load, but it may be a filename issue. Strangely, some of the movies are also not loading the .properties file either. Thank you!
Old 12-20-2008, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

If you post a log file, I should be able to see what is going on with those filenames.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
If you post a log file, I should be able to see what is going on with those filenames.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks... I got them figured out. The batch IMDB imported had titles that differed from my filenames, and my Fanart was named to match the filenames. I renamed the Fanart to match the .properties title and all is well. Now, to figure out why 10% of my movies won't load the .properties info!
Old 12-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Fanart and Series management

Hello,

not sure this has been discussed already, if so please forgive me.

All my recordings appear in the following format: SeriesTitle-ID-0.mpg (e.g. TheSimpson-7205596-0.mpg). The only way I can get fanart to work OK is to rename the background file to the same episode file name with an _background appended, like: TheSimpson-7205596-0_background.jpg

This means I have to manually create a fanart file for every single episode of the series... quite annoying.

My questions are as follows:
1. is there a different way to manage such setup?
2. would it be possible to modify SageMC in order to look at what at the left of the 1st "-", simply skeeping the ID and the 0 (e.g. looking for TheSimpson_background.jpg)?

Thanks,
SV
Old 12-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
I have the same issue so I'd like to try this.

Where do I put this downloaded file?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalmorri View Post
Hello,

not sure this has been discussed already, if so please forgive me.

All my recordings appear in the following format: SeriesTitle-ID-0.mpg (e.g. TheSimpson-7205596-0.mpg). The only way I can get fanart to work OK is to rename the background file to the same episode file name with an _background appended, like: TheSimpson-7205596-0_background.jpg

This means I have to manually create a fanart file for every single episode of the series... quite annoying.

My questions are as follows:
1. is there a different way to manage such setup?
2. would it be possible to modify SageMC in order to look at what at the left of the 1st "-", simply skeeping the ID and the 0 (e.g. looking for TheSimpson_background.jpg)?

Thanks,
SV
Hello, any advise on this? Anyone? Mike?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalmorri View Post
Hello, any advise on this? Anyone? Mike?
Check the new pre-release in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Works like a charm. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, this is interesting, I was using the newest install 6.3.8a and was working like a charm with fanart and Movie Info screen v.1.0. I decided to install TV Info Screen V.1.0 and noticed that it would only load up the fanart and T.V. Info screen on a recorded show. So I decided to updtate to the 6.3.8b pre-release version.

After copying the xml to my STV folder, and selecting it in Sage. I confirmed i was running 6.3.8b. The fanart appeared on my Video's. Here comes the interesting part, i then re-installed the Movie info screen STVI by going to STVI import in Sage. After importing the STVI, I went to my video's and checked one of my movies, the STVI worded but no fan-art. I confirmed that the path was correct (I am using a central folder--C:central media folder/Fanart then either movies, TV, or Music). I have no idea why it's not working. I have not tried the TV info screen yet.

Any ideas??? Of note, I have reverted back to the latest released build and everything was working again, including fan art and STV Movie Info, again I did not try TV Info Screen.

Ok Never mind I just found the new replies in the Movie Info screen, Doh!!!!

Last edited by johnnytyler; 12-30-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Re: FanArt not displaying on program info from the guide:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
I'm sure this was discussed on the fanart thread, it uses the filename to match the art - future programs in the guide don't have a filename as they've not been recorded yet
This does not seem like a limitation that cannot be fixed. We have the program name from the guide. Looks like we just need an enhancement to use the program name from the guide if no file exists.

Any plans of adding something like this Mike?

Thanks,
Carl
Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

One problem I've come across today is that I have a value in Stephane's importer that says "Put star rating in the program title"

This means that last nights film I recorded is called 'Deep Impact ****'

The only available way for me to get fanart to work with that is to use the

[Recording Directory]\[Mediafilename]_background.jpg

as *'s aren't allowed in filenames. I was hoping to store the fanart centrally but the ***'s at the end of the movie name stop me doing this.

I could turn off this option in the importer, but then wouldn't have the ratings info in Sage.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across this and if so what they were doing.

EDIT: The more I think about this, if I'm going to keep the movie I may as well move it out of the recording folder, rename it and the fanart, so the problem would go away anyway

Last edited by doc; 12-31-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
One problem I've come across today is that I have a value in Stephane's importer that says "Put star rating in the program title"

This means that last nights film I recorded is called 'Deep Impact ****'

The only available way for me to get fanart to work with that is to use the

[Recording Directory]\[Mediafilename]_background.jpg

as *'s aren't allowed in filenames. I was hoping to store the fanart centrally but the ***'s at the end of the movie name stop me doing this.

I could turn off this option in the importer, but then wouldn't have the ratings info in Sage.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across this and if so what they were doing.

EDIT: The more I think about this, if I'm going to keep the movie I may as well move it out of the recording folder, rename it and the fanart, so the problem would go away anyway
Invalid characters are stripped from the show title before scanning for fanart. So asterisks '*' would be removed, but a plus sign '+' would not.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Invalid characters are stripped from the show title before scanning for fanart. So asterisks '*' would be removed, but a plus sign '+' would not.

Aloha,
Mike
Cheers Mike

I got it to work, what I was missing was the space at end of the show name.

'Deep Impact ****' with the invalid characters removed becomes 'Deep Impact '

Once I put the space at the end it worked fine.