SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Arrow STVi Import: TV Info Screen

Updated 30/12/2008 to work with SageMC v6.3.8b pre-release 6.

SageMC v6.3.8b pre-release 6 can be found here.

This import will not import on top of a previous install of TV Info Screen - so start with a version of SageMC that doesn't have the TV Info Screen already imported.

This is a replacement for the Programme Info screen in SageMC. This is my second import so don't expect too much but you should see some improvements over my first import Movie Info Screen. This is not related to my previous import (Movie Info Screen) and is meant for TV Shows and not your Movie database.

Download Link:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=288

----------------------
Installation :
----------------------

Shut down the Sage UI.
Backup before you install.
Extract all files in this package into your SageTV folder (eg. C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV). Make sure to extract while preserving the directory structure.
start Sage UI.

In SageMC, goto My Menu -> Settings, and select "Import STVi" and import the "TV_Info_Screen_V.1.0a.xml" file.

Next goto My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> My TV -> Custom Programme Info Screen. Find "TV Info Screen" in the list and select it.

----------------------
Functions :
----------------------

Use the "Info" button/key to minimise/maximise the synopsis.
Options can be reached via the normal OSD menu (right click mouse or use the option key on the remote and my menu is located at the bottom of the list).

----------------------

And that's all folks. Have fun and I hope you enjoy my import.

I'd like to send a massive THANKYOU to those that helped in making this import. MeInMaui for technical advice/support and putting up with my constant email messages. Gplasky for his creative input and beta testing skills at spotting the more obscure issues. And lastly but by no means least Brent for his beta testing skills.

----------------------
Release Notes :
----------------------

Version 1.0c

Fixed broken default background image/theme

Version 1.0b

Updated to work with SageMC v6.3.8b pre-release 6.

Version 1.0a:

Initial Release

----------------------
Known issues :
----------------------

1. Preview panel doesn't move down when panels are minimised.
2. Screen corruption at the bottom of the scroll panel (Extenders only).
3. Corrupt animations if you leave the scroll panel highlighted and try to minimise (Extenders only).

All very minor issues but I thought I'd better point them out.

----------------------

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Regards

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Terminator.jpg (146.7 KB, 1584 views)
File Type: jpg The IT Crowd.jpg (127.9 KB, 1182 views)
File Type: jpg Heroes.jpg (181.0 KB, 1281 views)
File Type: jpg Options Menu.jpg (122.0 KB, 1174 views)

Last edited by jaminben; 03-30-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for this!

B
Old 12-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Amazing
However in my case I do not see the selection of the menu.
What do I need to do to enable it?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Haven't tried this recent update but I am wondering if this has been updated to take the background image(fanart) and cover the whole tv screen when using the hd200 extender?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I don't get any synopsis with this, just the selection bar and the program title!

Any ideas?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Out of curiosity, where are you getting the season/episode number information?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianus View Post
Amazing
However in my case I do not see the selection of the menu.
What do I need to do to enable it?
The same way you would normally get to your OSD menus, right click mouse or options key on the remote and its at the bottom of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdiablo View Post
Haven't tried this recent update but I am wondering if this has been updated to take the background image(fanart) and cover the whole tv screen when using the hd200 extender?
Its not an update to the Movie Info Screen, it runs seperatly to that and is meant for TV only. Hopefully the background issue is fixed, can you let me know if it isnt. Thats if you try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Hi,

I don't get any synopsis with this, just the selection bar and the program title!

Any ideas?
Use the "Info" key to minimise/maximise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Out of curiosity, where are you getting the season/episode number information?
I use XMLTV guide data (Digiguide).
Old 12-26-2008, 04:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks All working now.

One last question: How does the cover art work, I don't get any, and I'm not sure which titles should show any?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks All working now.

One last question: How does the cover art work, I don't get any, and I'm not sure which titles should show any?
The best tip I can give you is to go back to where you selected the import in the list (My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> My TV -> Custom Programme Info Screen) and clear the setting. This will revert back to the default SageMC Programme Info STV.
If your cover art works using the default settings then it will work in my import as well. If it doesnt then you dont have IMDB cover art enabled in SageMC settings
Also within my OSD options is a disable/enable button for cover art which maybe disabled.
All cover art is located in the default SageMC IMDBCache folder (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\IMDBCache).

Last edited by jaminben; 12-26-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
The best tip I can give you is to go back to where you selected the import in the list (My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> My TV -> Custom Programme Info Screen) and clear the setting. This will revert back to the default SageMC Programme Info STV.
If your cover art works here then it will work in my import as well.
Also within my OSD options is a disable/enable button for cover art which maybe disabled.
All cover art is located in the default SageMC IMDBCache folder (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\IMDBCache).
Ahh, it probably does work then; I don't use IMDB for TV so the cache will be empty

Thanks,

Nick.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ahh, it probably does work then; I don't use IMDB for TV so the cache will be empty
If I remember rightly their was an option to use existing cover art even if you had IMDB disabled. This way you could grab a load of cover art images manually for you favorite shows, place them in the IMDB folder and SageMC will use those and not add any additional images.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If I remember rightly their was an option to use existing cover art even if you had IMDB disabled. This way you could grab a load of cover art images manually for you favorite shows, place them in the IMDB folder and SageMC will use those and not add any additional images.
Thanks, but I just turned IMBD on, it's worth it now

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ben,

Looks great! thanks for the good work!

Last edited by VikingCrown; 12-27-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

everything works good on first try

i do have a small question/request if possible. i use evilpenguins video tools import to convert favorites to divx so i like to see at a glance if the file has been converted yet or not and if the commercial detection has been started before i start watching something.

with the default screen i can see that at a glance when i get into the episode screen see 1st attachment,

but with ur import it is somewhat hidden, cuz it requires a few extra steps to get to it and the progress bar is none existent 2nd attachment

maybe i am the only one who likes to see this, but this is the reason i have to stick with the default screen and fanart alone for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard03.jpg (49.2 KB, 683 views)
File Type: jpg Clipboard04.jpg (113.8 KB, 653 views)
Old 12-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
i do have a small question/request if possible. i use evilpenguins video tools import to convert favorites to divx so i like to see at a glance if the file has been converted yet or not and if the commercial detection has been started before i start watching something.
I'm not sure if this is what you mean but if you look at the first screenshot (Terminator) at the top of the thread you can see a timebar. This timebar can be turned off and on via the OSD options (Options screenshot also at the top).

Hope that is what your looking for

Regards

Ben
Old 12-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ben,

Quick question, how difficult would it be to modify the screen before this one? If you have several episodes of 1 show, it still has the defaut layout which is hard to read with the fanart in the background. Would it be a pita to modify this screen as well?

~ Brian
Old 12-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Ben,

Quick question, how difficult would it be to modify the screen before this one? If you have several episodes of 1 show, it still has the defaut layout which is hard to read with the fanart in the background. Would it be a pita to modify this screen as well?

~ Brian
It would be easy enough but there is no way to implement it without me overwriting the default SageMC code, which I'm not supposed to do or even want to. So for the time being your stuck with it, sorry.

Cheers

Ben
Old 12-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is what you mean but if you look at the first screenshot (Terminator) at the top of the thread you can see a timebar. This timebar can be turned off and on via the OSD options (Options screenshot also at the top).

Hope that is what your looking for

Regards

Ben
yeah that was the one , sorry for wasting ur time lol

Edit: i asked another one that was fixed already lol

new: ok this is new i promise, like i mentioned i use the video tools import to convert to xvid and whatnot, and i just noticed when i switch to the info screen under the send to menu, when i go to compress it does not load properly, it's missing all my options see attachments

and the enabled/disabled is not the difference if ur wondering, i just hit it accidentaly while taking screenshots

any idea why that is happening
Attached Images
File Type: jpg default.jpg (137.4 KB, 617 views)
File Type: jpg info-screen.jpg (108.6 KB, 612 views)

Last edited by mp328; 12-28-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: already done
Old 12-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
any idea why that is happening
Sorry no idea about this one, I dont think its related to my import though.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great plugin to match your Movie plugin. A couple of observations.
1. Where can I set the fonts for the TV plugin? It's just on the hairy edge of too small for my old eyes.
2. Hitting Right on either the Show description or Show information takes the user back to Play, but hitting left when Show information is highlighted takes the user to Show description. This seems counter-intuitive. I would think a more intuitive scheme would be to allow left or right navigation between show description and information and then Up or Down till you reach the top or bottom to get back to the Play, etc options along with using the menu button.
3. Regardless of where a user goes up from (Play, Series Setting, etc.) hitting right takes them back to play. Is it possible to remember the users last location on the menu? I have big fingers and make a lot of flubs :-).
4. Is it possible to honor the SageMC custom button mappings? You don't in the Movie plugin either.
5. Is it possible to switch between 24 and 12 based time in the title bar?

Thanks for your excellent work,
Ben

Last edited by benjamintm; 12-28-2008 at 04:00 PM.