SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
1. Where can I set the fonts for the TV plugin? It's just on the hairy edge of too small for my old eyes.
2. Hitting Right on either the Show description or Show information takes the user back to Play, but hitting left when Show information is highlighted takes the user to Show description. This seems counter-intuitive. I would think a more intuitive scheme would be to allow left or right navigation between show description and information and then Up or Down till you reach the top or bottom to get back to the Play, etc options along with using the menu button.
3. Regardless of where a user goes up from (Play, Series Setting, etc.) hitting right takes them back to play. Is it possible to remember the users last location on the menu? I have big fingers and make a lot of flubs :-).
4. Is it possible to honor the SageMC custom button mappings? You don't in the Movie plugin either.
5. Is it possible to switch between 24 and 12 based time in the title bar?
1. You can't. I specifed them for you
2. It was that way originally but other people prefered this method so I stuck with it.
3. Not sure if this can be done.
4. Again I dont know how to do this.
5. No, I picked for you

I'm making a list of peoples ideas and suggestions for the next version so I'll keep all your ideas in mind and try to fix them I'm only a newb at modifying other peoples work with studio so it may take awhile.

Regards

Ben
Old 12-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

What if I have a folder with all my series encoded? (rather than recorded from my tuner) ie I have them on D:\TV Series\Serie Name\, any way to tell this STV that anything from that path to use this TV Info screen, and for D:\Movies use the STV for Movie Info Screen??

Old 12-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
It would be easy enough but there is no way to implement it without me overwriting the default SageMC code, which I'm not supposed to do or even want to. So for the time being your stuck with it, sorry.

Cheers

Ben
Thanks for the response. I figured as much, just hoped maybe I was wrong. Well keep up the good work, I love your Movie and TV imports!!! Maybe someday someone will take SageMC (With Permission) and fork it into a new direction to better incorporate the fan art like you have.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed this import yesterday and I really like the look of the new info screen with the Fanart. Thanks for your work on this!

However, it appears that I can only access the new info screen from recordings that have completed via the My TV menu. Is it possible to access the new info screen from the TV Guide option menu or when watching live TV and selecting "Program Info" from the options menu? These still bring up the old info screen. Maybe it is a problem with my setup.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
However, it appears that I can only access the new info screen from recordings that have completed via the My TV menu. Is it possible to access the new info screen from the TV Guide option menu or when watching live TV and selecting "Program Info" from the options menu? These still bring up the old info screen. Maybe it is a problem with my setup.
Are you using SageMC_6_3_8b_1? I think this makes it work for all screens, not sure though and I can't find the link. Pehaps someone else can remember where it is.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Are you using SageMC_6_3_8b_1? I think this makes it work for all screens, not sure though and I can't find the link. Pehaps someone else can remember where it is.
I am using SageMC 6.3.8a.

What is the version that you mention?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

6.3.8a is the latest. Is this a beta version??
Old 12-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
6.3.8a is the latest. Is this a beta version??
Mike uploaded it as a fix :

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...18&postcount=6

Until I used this version, I could not get fanart working for movies. Works with this though
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 12-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

That updated version seems to work fine. I now get the stvi's program info screen from all places.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Updated 30/12/2008 to work with SageMC v6.3.8b pre-release 6.

It will only work with version v6.3.8b pre-release 6 and is NOT backwards compatible with previous releases of SageMC. Their are no other enhancements other than to work with the new release of SageMC.

Regards

Ben
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just updated to SageMC_6_3_8b_6 and your new release of the TV info screen STVI.

In testing whether the FanArt for Fringe displays I see the following:

1. FanArt displays when selecting a recorded show from My TV.
2. Fanart displays when selecting Program Info from the options menu while watching LiveTV.
3. FanArt does not display when selecting a show in the Guide.

I get the new TV info screen in all 3 cases.

Is this in your realm or Mikes'?

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited by clmolnar; 12-30-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
ditto.

Another thing I'm seeing for shows that have no fanart, I can only get a black background. Regardless of whether I set the setting in options for default background or theme background (if no fanart) I always see a black background. FYI, I'm using the Blue Two Dark Metal theme.

I really love this screen. I loved the movie screen too but this tv screen makes the movie one look old and stale already!

Thanks!
Marc
Old 12-31-2008, 02:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I'm sure this was discussed on the fanart thread, it uses the filename to match the art - future programs in the guide don't have a filename as they've not been recorded yet
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 12-31-2008, 03:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
ditto.

Another thing I'm seeing for shows that have no fanart, I can only get a black background. Regardless of whether I set the setting in options for default background or theme background (if no fanart) I always see a black background. FYI, I'm using the Blue Two Dark Metal theme.
Ooops, Seems I forgot about that bit, I'll update the download later today. However in saying that you shouldn't see a black background as it should still default to your theme even with the missing link to my background. I dont use your theme so does it use a pure black background?

Edit:

Updated to Version 1.0c to fix above issue

This import will not import on top of a previous install of TV Info Screen - so start with a version of SageMC that doesn't have the TV Info Screen already imported.

Quote:
I really love this screen. I loved the movie screen too but this tv screen makes the movie one look old and stale already!
Yer I thought that so I've been working on a new version of the Movie Info Screen which has many enhancements such as:

Multiple Menu themes
Multiple Background themes
Multiple Synopsis themes
Disable/enable Coverart, Sleeve, Reflection & Animations
Alpha settings for Text, Synopsis Panels & Menus
Moveable/sizeable Menus and Panel Buffer (Buffer is new and is used to seperate bottom panel from fanart)
Plus many other things which I havent got working yet so I dont want to tell you about them just in case they dont work out.

Hopefully that will help stop it from going stale for a few weeks, once I release it

Last edited by jaminben; 12-31-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ooops, Seems I forgot about that bit, I'll update the download later today. However in saying that you shouldn't see a black background as it should still default to your theme even with the missing link to my background. I dont use your theme so does it use a pure black background?

Edit:

Updated to Version 1.0c to fix above issue
Works perfect now.. default background uses my theme's background.

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Works perfect now.. default background uses my theme's background.

Thanks!

Phew, Glad it all works
Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hello, Thanks for this plugin!! Im having some trouble getting the imdb search working though. I installed the plugin and had no pretty backround with the shows image like in the screenshots. I then checked to make sure imdb search was enable in the sagemc settings and it is set to "all". Then i went back to the tv info screen and chose IMDB search. i get an error " IMDB search failed searching for title .... Server returned response code 403" and some other failed info.

What could i be doing wrong here? Maybe its a quick fix to get the imdb info setup right but I cant figure it out.

thanks in advance for any help
mike
Old 01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish View Post
Hello, Thanks for this plugin!! Im having some trouble getting the imdb search working though. I installed the plugin and had no pretty backround with the shows image like in the screenshots. I then checked to make sure imdb search was enable in the sagemc settings and it is set to "all". Then i went back to the tv info screen and chose IMDB search. i get an error " IMDB search failed searching for title .... Server returned response code 403" and some other failed info.

What could i be doing wrong here? Maybe its a quick fix to get the imdb info setup right but I cant figure it out.

thanks in advance for any help
mike
I think this was an IMDB issue and has been solved with an update to one of the jar files. Have a search around the forums and see what you can find as I can't remember where it is atm.

Hopefully that will sort your issue out.

edit:

Try looking here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=344

Last edited by jaminben; 01-12-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think this was an IMDB issue and has been solved with an update to one of the jar files. Have a search around the forums and see what you can find as I can't remember where it is atm.

Hopefully that will sort your issue out.

edit:

Try looking here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=344
Ok Great! I got the imdb search working again(thanks for the link) but now I still dotn have the backround showing up like in your screenshots. i enabled the cover art and that works but I still can only get the theme backround or a blue one. any suggestions?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish View Post
Ok Great! I got the imdb search working again(thanks for the link) but now I still dotn have the backround showing up like in your screenshots. i enabled the cover art and that works but I still can only get the theme backround or a blue one. any suggestions?
Does fanart work using the default info screen? You can easily try by clearing TV Info Screen from within SageMC settings.

Are you also using the latest SageMC pre-release version?