SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Does fanart work using the default info screen? You can easily try by clearing TV Info Screen from within SageMC settings.

Are you also using the latest SageMC pre-release version?
ah-ha! I havent messed with the fanart feature yet. Im guessing now that the background in the screenshots is utilizing the fanart feature. If so.. do i have to find pics or every tv show i want this to work on?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish View Post
ah-ha! I havent messed with the fanart feature yet. Im guessing now that the background in the screenshots is utilizing the fanart feature. If so.. do i have to find pics or every tv show i want this to work on?
Yes you have to get all your own fanart images. There are a few scrapers in the customization thread that will automate this for you. You may also want to take a look at Brents guides for setting up fanart and lots of other usefull links.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37452
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

how do i uninstall this just in case?

thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3002 View Post
how do i uninstall this just in case?

thanks
You dont uninstall as such but go back to a previous version of SageMC instead. Everytime you import and addon SageMC crates another file like SageMC_6_3_8b_6-2 so to go back you would use SageMC_6_3_8b_6-1. Or you can clear the setting within SageMC settings and it will default to the normal view.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have an issue that I have not seen yet in this thread. On the info page, the text box about the show, is really small. It only has 2 lines of text. Not like the screencaps you posted in thread 1.

What did I do wrong?

thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Push the info button on your remote. (Ctrl-I)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

here is a screencap of what i am talking about..
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png titlebar.PNG (69.3 KB, 287 views)
Old 01-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Sage Expert

I just posted a few issues and questions on the movie info thread, but I've got some that are specific to this import. I'm still a really big fan though! (I'm actually a bigger fan of this page than the movie page, and I'd love to see that one get modified to look more like this one. I'm considering just using this one for both, but there are a few hang-ups right now that make that difficult...) Most aren't big deals at all, just minor questions or suggestions.

Another huge thanks before I launch into the list!

1) I may have seen this earlier in the thread, but I can't remember for sure: When I have the left description "box" highlighted, hitting right goes to play instead of to the right box. This feels counter-intuitive. Why not just move to the right box?

2) I've had a few times when I'm in the left description box where "down" doesn't take me back down to the menu. It's done this whenever there's been enough text in the box to cause a scroll bar to appear on it, but not enough text to actually necessitate scrolling to read it all. When that happens, it doesn't scroll and it doesn't just jump down to the menu - down doesn't do anything at all.

3) Is it possible to not have the left box "highlighted" (darkened) by default when there's not enough text to fill it? I'd prefer it "match" the right box by default (which it does when there's more than enough description to fill the box, but not when the description is short or empty).

4) Similar to #3, any way to make the left box as big as the right one even if there's not a long description. It looks kind of funny to me to the two boxes different sizes on some shows, and I wouldn't mind just having a static box size regardless of whether the description was long enough to fill it.

5) The option "Enable/Disable cover art" doesn't seem to be doing anything as far as I can tell.

6) This may have also been asked, but another nice customization option would be to enable 12hr clock format. Not a big deal, but it'd be my preference.

7) Mentioned this in the Movie info page thread, but the back button doesn't work here either. Would be nice if it matched the rest of the SageMC behavior here.

8) Any way to give an option to disable the animation without having to disable all core animations? I kind of like it on the Movies page (though an option there wouldn't hurt either) but on the TV page it takes a *long* time to open/close. I've already had multiple times where I've hit it a second or third time not thinking that it had picked up my previous entry, and then it slowly cycles back and forth between the two as many times as I had hit it. At worst, I'd love to see this speed up significantly. At best, i'd love to just be able to disable it.

9) Minor Suggestion: you could have the "up" button open the description panels if they're not already open, as an alternative to Info. Not a big deal, but might be kind of intuitive for people.

10) Are the various icons in the toolbar hard-coded? They don't seem to be responding to the choices made in the SageMC options (global UI/display/icon options). Whether it's here or in your own options, this would be a nice thing to be able to control.

11) Again with the icons, I'm getting a half dozen or so of them showing up for most shows, and the very furthest to the right is the conflict icon, which is teeny-tiny for some reason.

12) Another one that I also mentioned on the movie page: the font looks great on the server, but really bad on my HD100. It'd be great to be able to customize the font.

13) And finally, for anyone like myself thinking about wanting to use this for Movies as well, it'd be nice to have an option to not display the full path of videos. On tv shows, it just shows the name, which is great, but when I tried to use this page for my videos, it shows the entire video path. I've got a hierarchy more than a half dozen folders deep in some cases, so it makes a real mess out of the title bar. And even on folders that don't have a huge path, I'd just prefer to see "Wanted" instead of "Blu-Rays/Wanted"

Don't let the long list make you think I'm not a fan - I'm a HUGE fan and will be using this 100%! These are just some of the things I noticed that I thought I'd pass along.

Thanks!

EDIT: One more - just realized the Guide button also doesn't seem to work from this page...

Last edited by popechild; 01-14-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3002 View Post
here is a screencap of what i am talking about..
thanks
What Size screen and resolution are you viewing it on? This also happens to me if I minimise the screen to a very small size.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Another huge thanks before I launch into the list!
1) It was mentioned before and was the way you described but other people prefered it the way it is now. Some you win some you lose.

2) This is a known problem that I dont know how to fix, maybe I'll stumble apon the solution and include it in the next release.

3) Yes it is possible but again its one of those things that some people prefer and others dont.

4) Should be possible but I havent tried.

5) Strange as this works fine on my system and no one else has said anything about it. I'll take another look.

6) This can be done and may make it into the next release.

7) Again its strange as the back button works fine on my setup. I'll take a look though.

8) The new unreleased Movie Info Screen allows you to disable the coverart animations so it shouldn't be a problem to include it in this import.

9) I prefer the info button so that wil stay the same

10) Yes they are hard coded into my import as it was easier that way. The next Movie Info Screen allows you to change this.

11) I forgot about the conflict icon when I released the import so hopefully I'll remember for next time.

12) I have the same issue and I'm not sure how to fix it. I generally try and get it looking good on my extenders and stick with those settings and hope it looks good for everyone else.

13)
Quote:
EDIT: One more - just realized the Guide button also doesn't seem to work from this page.
Something else I forgot I'll see what I can do, should be easy enough.

I'm currently working on a new Movie Info Screen which is more or less completly customizable so it maybe a while before the next TV Info Screen is released.

Regards

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 01-14-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What Size screen and resolution are you viewing it on? This also happens to me if I minimise the screen to a very small size.
I do not know the resolution, however, its on a 55 widescreen tv.. I will check the resolution tonight.
thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
5) Strange as this works fine on my system and no one else has said anything about it. I'll take another look.
What should I be looking for exactly? If you'll describe what I should be seeing when it's enabled/disabled, I'll look again. Maybe I just missed it.

Quote:
9) I prefer the info button so that wil stay the same
I wasn't suggesting that you *not* use the info button for it, just that you could *also* have the up button do the same thing if it's not already open. Like I said, not a big deal either way. I wouldn't want to lose the Info button working the way it is now either.

Quote:
12) I have the same issue and I'm not sure how to fix it. I generally try and get it looking good on my extenders and stick with those settings and hope it looks good for everyone else.
I don't know much about Studio, but I wonder if you could just test a few different fonts and see how each looks, given that you've got an extender to test on. It's probably a combination of the font being small or thin or something. Maybe there's a way to try it as bold and see if that works?

Thanks again for the great import!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What should I be looking for exactly? If you'll describe what I should be seeing when it's enabled/disabled, I'll look again. Maybe I just missed it.
It just turns the cover art on/off.

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting that you *not* use the info button for it, just that you could *also* have the up button do the same thing if it's not already open. Like I said, not a big deal either way. I wouldn't want to lose the Info button working the way it is now either.
The trouble is "up" is also used to select the preview window and it can't do both.

Quote:
I don't know much about Studio, but I wonder if you could just test a few different fonts and see how each looks, given that you've got an extender to test on. It's probably a combination of the font being small or thin or something. Maybe there's a way to try it as bold and see if that works?
I also dont know much about studio and 99% of what I've done is with four keyboard combinations, cut, copy, paste and delete.

I will look into trying different fonts and styles but I have noticed that most of the other Sage/SageMC text is alot bigger than mine and I would assume this is to prevent the text becoming washed out.
My pc client with a 22" LCD looks 100% better than both my 43" plasma and 32" LCD using extenders. So my guess would be that because the extenders use an odd resolution to display the UI they will never look as good as a pc which can display a proper HD resolution. I could of course be completly wrong and its my lack of knowelege thats the issue.

Regards

Ben
Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
It just turns the cover art on/off.
Ah, just went back and looked at your screenshots. Yeah, I've never seen any cover art at all on this import. I'll have to play with it again and see if it has anything to do with not backing out of the screen and "starting fresh" with the enable option already selected or something. Where are you pulling the cover art from?

Quote:
The trouble is "up" is also used to select the preview window and it can't do both.
Okay, never tried the screen with the preview window running. Not a problem.

Quote:
I also dont know much about studio and 99% of what I've done is with four keyboard combinations, cut, copy, paste and delete.
Going to download the Studio manual if you were able to do all that with cut copy paste and delete. It's about time I dove into that thing.

Quote:
I will look into trying different fonts and styles but I have noticed that most of the other Sage/SageMC text is alot bigger than mine and I would assume this is to prevent the text becoming washed out.
My pc client with a 22" LCD looks 100% better than both my 43" plasma and 32" LCD using extenders. So my guess would be that because the extenders use an odd resolution to display the UI they will never look as good as a pc which can display a proper HD resolution. I could of course be completly wrong and its my lack of knowelege thats the issue.
Sound logical to me. FWIW, my PC server is on a 155" projector and it still looks way better than my 50" plasma on the extender.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Where are you pulling the cover art from?
Coverart for TV shows goes in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\IMDBCache. You can use SageMC to automatically grab the images but IMDB images dont look the best to me so I get them manually.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

got a quick q - why is it when I delete a recording with this plugin installed it goes back to the TV info screen now with less information instead of going back to the main recording menu or series menu?

btw, I love this plugins idea and hope a version of it is incorporated into the new sagemc. much nicer use of a wide screen TV too.
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijiwani View Post
got a quick q - why is it when I delete a recording with this plugin installed it goes back to the TV info screen now with less information instead of going back to the main recording menu or series menu?
I'll look into it.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 AM
Sage Expert

I mentioned this before re: the guide button not working, but I noticed on this screen and the movie info screen that other "direct" buttons don't work either, like Recorded TV, Music, Photos, etc... I assume it's the same fix as whatever the Guide fix is, but that's just a guess.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to Kryspy
Hi,

Is there any way to make this work for acquired elsewhere TV shows? Is there a way for it to function like the TV series plugin in Mediaportal?

Thanks,

Kryspy
Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Look at some of the mediascraping development going on in the customization forum. That should get you what you need.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.