SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryspy View Post
Hi,

Is there any way to make this work for acquired elsewhere TV shows? Is there a way for it to function like the TV series plugin in Mediaportal?

Thanks,

Kryspy
I use mediascraper made easy located here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38386

I also really like the MP TV series plugin and will hopefully start on an import which sort of emulates what MP looks like (fingers crossed) once I've finished with my other import.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Sage Expert

Bug (I think): When looking at this screen for an upcoming recording of a series, the "Series Settings" button doesn't do anything for me. It works fine on an episode that's already been recorded.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Bug (I think): When looking at this screen for an upcoming recording of a series, the "Series Settings" button doesn't do anything for me. It works fine on an episode that's already been recorded.
Sounds like a bug, I proberly missed that link out. I can't check right now and it proberly wont be fixed for a while yet anyway as I dont have the time at the moment. I will get to it eventually though.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Sounds like a bug, I proberly missed that link out. I can't check right now and it proberly wont be fixed for a while yet anyway as I dont have the time at the moment. I will get to it eventually though.

Thanks
Thanks. I'm definitely more eager to get the new version of the movie details page, so don't let this slow you down on that one!

Another issue I'm having is that I'm been completely unable to get the cover art to display for any show no matter what I've tried. For example, I have cover art enabled and a cover image named 24.jpg sitting in the IMDBCache folder, but when I view an episode of 24 I don't see the cover art at all. Again, don't let this one slow you down on the movie details page though!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks. I'm definitely more eager to get the new version of the movie details page, so don't let this slow you down on that one!

Another issue I'm having is that I'm been completely unable to get the cover art to display for any show no matter what I've tried. For example, I have cover art enabled and a cover image named 24.jpg sitting in the IMDBCache folder, but when I view an episode of 24 I don't see the cover art at all. Again, don't let this one slow you down on the movie details page though!
Is it cover art you've grabbed or is it one that IMDB got for you? Does cover art work with the default epg veiw or in the programme guide? If it works with the default then their is no reason it shouldn't work with my import.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage User

Question OK I may have just made a mistake

originally i was thinking I wouldn't be interested in this plugin, because I record TV shows and they are pretty much deleted after I watch them, and because of that I didn't think I would ever see the cover art, because each recording is like 30Rock-Retreattomoveforward-123451154-0.mpg so I would not see cover art unless I renamed this to 30 Rock put it in a special folder structure, etc. but then I read something that made me think this was incorrect? can anyone tell me how that works? For instance I record 30 Rock every week and delete the old one, is fanart still an item of use in this case or is it only worth it if you save all your series episodes etc, etc.??
Old 01-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Is it cover art you've grabbed or is it one that IMDB got for you? Does cover art work with the default epg veiw or in the programme guide? If it works with the default then their is no reason it shouldn't work with my import.
I'll have to double-check whether or not it works in the standard view. I don't believe I have coverart enabled in the EPG, or I've got channel logos enabled instead, or something. I have IMDB enabled with cache set to -1 in the sagemc settings, but when I checked my IMDBCache folder there was nothing in there. But I can select IMDB Search on any show and it will connect and search fine, so I don't know what's going on there. Even when I manually put a .jpg in the IMDBCache folder it's not showing up though. Are there settings other than "Enable IMDB" that would prevent the cover art from showing up? Like choosing to show channel logos or something? (Not even sure if that's an actual option or not, I just know that's what shows up in my EPG.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeebler View Post
originally i was thinking I wouldn't be interested in this plugin, because I record TV shows and they are pretty much deleted after I watch them, and because of that I didn't think I would ever see the cover art, because each recording is like 30Rock-Retreattomoveforward-123451154-0.mpg so I would not see cover art unless I renamed this to 30 Rock put it in a special folder structure, etc. but then I read something that made me think this was incorrect? can anyone tell me how that works? For instance I record 30 Rock every week and delete the old one, is fanart still an item of use in this case or is it only worth it if you save all your series episodes etc, etc.??
If these are recorded through Sage, the FanArt will work without having to rename anything. I think at one point it used the name of the series, now it might use the show name or something since it works on future episodes and on the guide, but whatever it's using, it's not the actual filename. Downloaded/imported videos are a different story. They're dependent on the file name. But if you're talking about episodes Sage records for you, if you're recording 30 Rock as a series, just put a "30 Rock.jpg" in the FanArt folder and it will show up for every episode that records (or that you look at in upcoming shows, or in the EPG, etc.)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:

If these are recorded through Sage, the FanArt will work without having to rename anything. I think at one point it used the name of the series, now it might use the show name or something since it works on future episodes and on the guide, but whatever it's using, it's not the actual filename. Downloaded/imported videos are a different story. They're dependent on the file name. But if you're talking about episodes Sage records for you, if you're recording 30 Rock as a series, just put a "30 Rock.jpg" in the FanArt folder and it will show up for every episode that records (or that you look at in upcoming shows, or in the EPG, etc.)
COOL thanks, I am definitely going to check this out then.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Sage User

OK

installed both this and the movie plugins. They basically don't work for me, if i don't have the screens set in the my tv and video library options i do get the fan art, if i set them, the video's are blank and the tv's as well except for 1 show if that makes any sense??? american idol is the only show that works in my fan art with these screens enabled.

any tips???
Old 01-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Sage User

OK I kind of lied

american idol does not work either i just thought it was because it was in folder view, i see the background fanart, but when i selected an episode i lost the background for it also.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Sage Expert

A feature modification request for whenever the next version comes out. When selecting "Record Series" from this page, it takes you to the main Series page that lists all of your series. I'd personally prefer for it to work the way the standard MC page does, where it sets up the series recording in the background but keeps you on the same tv info page. Then you can select "series settings" if you want to change the options and it takes you right to the settings for that series.

Alternately, I'd at least prefer for it to take me straight to the series settings page for the series I just selected instead of the main series page. I've got 50+ series set up, so to get to the settings for the new one I just setup I have to scroll all the way through all 50 to the bottom of the list. It'd be easier to just stay on the tv info page and hit the button again if I want to edit my default settings, or go straight to the settings for the new series.

Just my $0.02.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Finally got around to checking into this. I can see the IMDB images in the EPG, but they don't show up in the tv info screen regardless of the options setting. (Related question: does your import care whether or not IMDB pics are enabled in the EPG or not? I know there's a setting for this in the MC settings. Either way, whether IMDB pics are enabled or not in the EPG, I'm not seeing them on the tv info screen.)
Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Any chance of adding Banner Art to the EPG?

I really like the implementation banner implementation for the default STV.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39105
Old 01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
A feature modification request for whenever the next version comes out. When selecting "Record Series" from this page, it takes you to the main Series page that lists all of your series. I'd personally prefer for it to work the way the standard MC page does, where it sets up the series recording in the background but keeps you on the same tv info page. Then you can select "series settings" if you want to change the options and it takes you right to the settings for that series.

Alternately, I'd at least prefer for it to take me straight to the series settings page for the series I just selected instead of the main series page. I've got 50+ series set up, so to get to the settings for the new one I just setup I have to scroll all the way through all 50 to the bottom of the list. It'd be easier to just stay on the tv info page and hit the button again if I want to edit my default settings, or go straight to the settings for the new series.

Just my $0.02.
I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Finally got around to checking into this. I can see the IMDB images in the EPG, but they don't show up in the tv info screen regardless of the options setting. (Related question: does your import care whether or not IMDB pics are enabled in the EPG or not? I know there's a setting for this in the MC settings. Either way, whether IMDB pics are enabled or not in the EPG, I'm not seeing them on the tv info screen.)
Not sure whats going on here, its proberly down to a setting within SageMC but I can't think which one. If I remember then I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Any chance of adding Banner Art to the EPG?

I really like the implementation banner implementation for the default STV.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39105
Hopefully if I can get it to work.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Bit of an issue with this import and the new version of SageTV with latest beta MC.

Sometimes, when I delete a programme and then come out of this import by going left and back to the recorded TV screen, the remote no longer works.

This is because no items are selected, so going right or left or whatever doesn't work. Pressing 1, or another number, will then take me to that programme and everything is OK again.

Maybe it just needs updating for the latest Sage version, I'm not sure.

If you need more info just shout.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Sage Icon

I'll take a look sometime soon.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks
Old 03-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Development Dead?

Is this no longer being actively developed? I saw there is more work on the Advanced Movie version, but none on this one or did I miss something?
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Sage Icon

Nope you've not missed anything. I do however only have one pair of hands and not very much studio knowlege so it takes awhile for me to make them It was only updated 2 months ago.

Last edited by jaminben; 03-01-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Nope you've not missed anything. I do however only have one pair of hands and not very much studio knowlege so it takes awhile for me to make them It was only updated 2 months ago.
Well I eagerly await your updates then. Since I hooked Sage to the new 1080p screen, it looks pretty crappy for playback now so I dont get to use it much for playing back movies - thats now relegated to the PS3 accessing the files off the sage box (Gotta love TVersity). I only really use Sage to play back recorded TV now - hence why I am looking foward to you porting over some of your cool movie updates.

Keep up the excellent work!
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.