SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anybody get an MS Media Center Keyboard to work?

I have beens searching all day for help in getting a MS Media Center Keyboard (IR type) to work on my SageTV / Windows XP Pro system. As stated on many sites, the Media Center keys will work without a problem but the letter & numeric keys do not work. My MS Media Center remote works so I know the MS IR USB receiver works fine. I've downloaded and installed MS Rollup 2 for Media Center updates and mentioned in the posts I've read but still no luck.

Is anyone out there using this keyboard sucessfully with Windows XP Pro? (and I mean with all keys functioning so I can type words with the keyboard within SageTV or within Notepad in windows environment?

If so, can you give me a hand? My MS Keyboard Elite Bluetooth keyboard just died and this Media Center Keyboard I bought some time back is what I'd rather be using since it is smaller and will fit in my the drawer of my coffe table.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

It worked fine when I used XP...new batteries? Is the board's power switch on (you can turn the keyboard on and off)?

P
Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mine works fine with Windows XP Pro SP2. All I had to do was install a hotfix to make it work propery.

KB912024

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Do you have HIP installed? There could be settings in there messing with it...

-Striker-