SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

Fast Forward Locks SageTV Up with Spinning Arrow

I just installed the latest SageTV 6.5.5 beta software, and after doing so, every time I hit fast forward, it locks up the recording with the spinning arrow. This happens with any show that I try, I have tried repairing the install, and rebooting, and nothing seems to work.

Should also point out, this is using the standard STV interface. No SageMC at this point.

I have the audio decoder set to Nvidia Audio Decoder, as it has always been (saw that in another thread about a similar problem).

Anyone else seen this?

Last edited by geogecko; 12-31-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Sage Expert

Yeah, lots of us

There is an ongoing thread about MpegDeMux.ax. If you go here, you'll find Qian's latest version of that file that is supposed tp fix it. But I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

Ah...thank you so much. I never would have found that thread. I wish they weren't titled so weird...it would be great, if the first post would put some key search phrases in there so that those of us searching could find it.

I'll give that a try and see if the file works... This has once again been another 2 hour dedication to getting Sage working...guess that is what one should expect with betas though.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Yep, new file did it. Thanks for the heads up, and quick reply.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Sage Expert

Yeah. I really need to stop messing with Betas. 4 years of great WAF with Sage can be shot with one Beta. And this one was a real challenge on the WAF front, since the only fix was killing Sage and restarting. Meaning the program was lost (if Live).

Let us know how it works.

But in case it doesn't, replace the MpegDeMux.ax with a version from your last working setup. Mine was 6.4.8.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

It works perfectly. I completely agree. Betas can be killers for WAF, and KAF (kid). My only problem is, that I wait for a good time, show wise, instead of when the non-beta is out. I'd much rather have this problem now, when only old episodes of the Cosby show are the only affected recordings. It would be a lot more risky for me, to lose an episode of the wife's Grey's Anatomy, which has happened before, and she isn't too keen on watching it on the internet, out in the office the day after!

Now if I can figure out this whole compression failure thing (don't happen to have any secret threads to fix something like that, do you?).